• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Blade HQ Shipping times

Hey, first time poster here. I just ordered a couple Balisongs from BladeHQ and also picked up UPS 2-day shipping. I ordered Monday night (So I expected them to ship it out Tuesday or Wednesday morning) and on the website it still shows that it hasn't shipped and they haven't responded to the email I sent to customer support on Thursday night asking about shipping. I guess my question is if it's normal for shipping to take so long with knives, this would be the first purchase I've ever made online (for a knife) so I'm not really sure what to expect. I just heard a lot about BladeHQ being a fantastic place to buy knives from so I was hopeful going into it. Are there any other places with a solid reputation that I could purchase from and get better shipping times? The only place I've ever bought knives from were from the brick-and-mortar Benchmade store in/near Portland whenever I would travel there for work.

It's normal for BHQ to be slow to ship - there are multiple threads on that very subject. There are plenty of dealers that get things shipped the same day as, or the day after, purchase. Those are the ones from whom I choose to purchase.
(Knife Center, DLT Trading, Knifeworks, Knives Ship Free, GP Knives, etc)

When you pay for 2 day shipping you’re not paying to speed up the order processing time. I know it sucks having to wait but scroll through this subforum in the meantime and you’ll find a few threads that pertain to BladeHQ here.

BladeHQ has been kind of weird for me. When I purchase their exclusives, I tend to get a shipping notification within hours. When I purchase regular inventory it usually take 2 - 3 days for it to ship, and I've had to send an email about one or two. They're one of the biggest knife dealers out there, so I figure it just comes with the territory.

If I'm looking for exceptional customer service or speedy shipping, I tend to stick to the smaller outfits. Personally I really like DLT Trading, Collector Knives, and KnivesShipFree (and a few others I'm failing to remember off the top of my head).

It's normal for BHQ to be slow to ship - there are multiple threads on that very subject. There are plenty of dealers that get things shipped the same day as, or the day after, purchase. Those are the ones from whom I choose to purchase.
(Knife Center, DLT Trading, Knifeworks, Knives Ship Free, GP Knives, etc)
Gotcha, thanks for the recommendations!

blade ops is good to go , fast shipping free and the best packing I have ever received I knife in .

It's got to be frustrating that you paid for 2-day shipping and you still don't have your order for the weekend.....

I really think it's hit and miss. I have ordered tons of knives from BladeHQ. I've ordered some knives at night and they shipped the next morning. Some have taken longer. There's a lot of variables that go into each order. I believe that having the right staff member certainly speeds up the ordering / shipping process. I've never had any issues with either BladeHQ nor KnifeCenter thus far.

I wonder bali's are OK where the OP lives?

The last time a slow shipment from these folks turn up it hinged around a payment issue or something?

I wonder bali's are OK where the OP lives?

The last time a slow shipment from these folks turn up it hinged around a payment issue or something?

Yeah Bali's are okay where I live as long as you aren't a felon. Currently living in Utah. I got the confirmation email saying the payment was successful too.

DLT and GPKnives are my go to now simply because if I place an order by noon, it’s almost guaranteed to be out the door the same day. I ordered from BHQ last week, 2 day UPS, and I received it 5 days later.

When you pay for 2 day shipping you’re not paying to speed up the order processing time.

Everybody is swamped and shorthanded these days too. There's also the less obvious factors of income tax refunds and stimulus checks. How many of us pulled the trigger on the knife or knives we've been eyeballing for months when suddenly there's an extra $1400 in our bank accounts? I can promise you that starting the 2nd week of February and again the 3rd week of March that online shops everywhere suddenly got a massive influx of orders. Add in issues with staffing during a pandemic with postal and courier overloads, paying extra for expedited shipping seems pretty pointless to me.

You're buying a knife not essential prescription medicine needed to keep you alive. I understand that everyone wants their order as soon as possible but it's really not going to hurt you to wait a couple of days.

What really gets me is getting a shipping notification real quick but the package isn't actually shipped until a day or two later. With BHQ, when I get the notification that its shipped, it's already in the mail. And it's never taken them more than 2 days to ship it.

I like BHQ and spend lots there, but, I do wish they got orders out the door quicker. They have lost a sale or two due to this from me.

Well if you don't have an answer here or in your email Monday by lunch best thing to do is phone.

You're buying a knife not essential prescription medicine needed to keep you alive. I understand that everyone wants their order as soon as possible but it's really not going to hurt you to wait a couple of days.

What really gets me is getting a shipping notification real quick but the package isn't actually shipped until a day or two later. With BHQ, when I get the notification that its shipped, it's already in the mail. And it's never taken them more than 2 days to ship it.

^ :thumbsup::thumbsup: Nailed it!

This impatient, self entitled "I WANT IT NOW" tech generation; people who appear would rather spend more of their time whining, rather than actually spend enjoying a hobby. Case in point: The OP joins BladeForums, just to come on here to complain & bash a company. For all we know, he (soup guy) :rolleyes: could be working for one of BHQ's competitor's.....

FWIW- I've had nothing but positive experiences dealing with Blade HQ....but then again, I tend to me more patient & understanding, especially in these screwed up times we've been forced into.

Patience IS, a virtue.

I remember ordering stuff pre-internet. You had to mail your order to the company and then sit around for the next couple of weeks hoping it would show up. No tracking numbers and no quick way to find out if they even received your order.

Back