Blade Show 2002- A Contest

I sent this to you guys (Mick and Duane) but got no response...
So I figure ifn I put it here you will see it.
If its OK with both of you, Rob and Jerry and I decided that, instead of us all making the exact same knife.....we would have a category- COMBAT BOWIE KNIFE......and everyone do what they wanted....with a judged winner on SAT NITE......and then the winner getting a free dinner and all the beer you can drink ( I am hoping Duane does NOT win this!!!! :p ) at Ruth Chris paid for by the other four. How does that sound to both of you??
OVER-

How are you pal?
Sorry, we've been stacked.

Sounds badass! Are there any other parameters?

Mick

Now we are talking. Ken definetely has the money to buy for the rest. Who knows, he might have a pretty cool speed safe combat bowie in the works!:D

Here's an idea. Why not have an auction (silent or not) and donate the profits to charity? Or, donate them to military folks. I know that there a bunch of folks that would sh1t themselves to own something as spectacular as you guys are going to come up with. And no, I'm not in need of any knives. I do want one of Jerry's knives, but that is for a later date. Ken's are just out of my price range.

Ken, how's it going? Haven't seen you on the forums for awhile.

Oh my ... the hurt this contest will put on peoples' wallets :D

-Rex

Originally posted by Mick Strider
Sounds badass! Are there any other parameters?
Mick

Just one... Jerry Wins! :D

Ryan, the 5 of us are sharing booth space, so it's really just for the Men in the 'Hood. Besides, Onion's too good. He might upset my plans... :)

Jerry,
Are you scared that Ken can make a nicer Bowie than you? I don't think he can. Besides, he does have a lot more money to spend than most. Also, he almost always sells out in the first five minutes or so. By letting him in, he must keep that knife on display until the last day. Can you imagine the pain and suffering some Onion collectors will experience by seeing a knife sit so long on his table? I think it would be worth it for that alone. Then, there will be such a furor when he finally is ready to sell. You will get a free circus show to boot. Also, for once Ken might have to sit at his table for the entire show.

Ken is our very good friend....and as such he is always welcome at our table.....
HOWEVER- This is something that was started last year at the Blade Show... Mick, Duane, Rob, Tom and Jerry are all going to be in the same big booth together and this knife is part of the plan. END of Story!

Mick: Parameters= Combat Bowie.................that is all.
Whatever you want to make in that catagory......we will figure out who the judges are and bribe them so Duane cannot win (I cant afford to pay for that much beer!!!!!!!!! :) )

I promise that if you and Duane have a keg of Guinness you're not going to be by yourselves. Tom might be by himself, but NOT the guys with the Guinness... :D

Why can't I play? Nobody wants to hear your whinning Tom.I want to hear from the others. I don't have a table at the Blade show I just kinda hang arround with the Kershaw folks or at the Strider booth . Geez I thought I was your friend.:(:(:(
I think we should hear from the masses.
Besides I havn't built a FB for a long time I'm rusty as hell!! and I agree we should auction them off as a set! And donate the money to me!!!:):):)

My vote is Ken's in if he wants in. (No silly teardrop on the war knife though Ken)

Rob ... I'm with you brother. These guys are way too serious! Someone could loose an eye here!

Duane

Thanks Mick and Duane, at least I know who my friends are.But I get the point and don't want to butt in where I'm not welcome. I don't see what the big deal is but it seems Tom and Jerry do so I'll just go back to making my little folders and singing my little song.

"COWARDS"

Coward my ass! Here's the rub, for me anyway. I have at least two good knifemaker friends who would love to get in on this also. Both make some great bowies. I'm not worried about winning or losing. There aren't any losers in this. In my mind it's simply a matter of fairness, reason, and a way of promoting the activity in a booth that is costing each of us a lot of money. This is how I make my living and support my family, and it's definitely not a get rich quick scheme or a game.

Ken, if you want to build a combat bowie, you do that and we'll have our own contest. I'll buy your dinner if I lose. Duane's right though, no teardrops, just serious killing machine.

Ok kick my ass if you want by I am going to the show to have fun, and if Ken wants to play I say thats OK by me. I can see where this may turn into a Charlie Foxtrot . Shoot guys, I am going to win anyway! :)

Back