Blade Show 2015

Big Chris spent all night cutting out leather. This morning when I got up, our wonderful Lab puppy, Snowflake was sitting on the couch playing with leather. Luckily, she only wanted the little scraps and not the sheaths. I don't think Chris could have handled starting over again.

Puppies :rolleyes:
Nearly as stressful as kids. One of our dogs ate the rubber handles off of a couple of old spyderco kitchen utility knives that I really liked. Fortunately did not get cut up on the blades.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of Chris' Blade offerings! Liking what I see so far and this thread is great for those of us who won't be there. I hope he sells everything so I can stop obsessing about how to pay for one ;)
Hope all else is well in the BC household!

Things are going great at the Big Chris household. I purchased my plane ticket to fly to Blade this morning. I will be flying with our 8 week old son, Elliot. Wish me luck on that one. At least Big Chris let us splurge and buy a first class ticket (for our hour and a half flight).

Chris is turning out some knives that are a complete departure from his previous work. Hand sanding, leather work, and wood handles... hope they go over well. Hopefully, he will be able to post some pictures soon.

I have been quite busy lately trying to get things finished up.
Here are a few of the knives that are ready to show off.

CPM 10V Jack Knife with Amboyna Burl

IMG_3090.jpg

CTS XHP Alaskan Hunter with Compression Growth Koa This is the most expensive handle material I have ever used.

IMG_3089.jpg

CPM 154 EDC Bowie with Dyed Curly Maple

IMG_3088.jpg

CTS XHP Personal EDC with Dyed Box Elder Burl

IMG_3087.jpg

I have 3 more knives that are almost complete. I also have made tooled leather sheaths for all the above knives.

Those look great! I've always liked the handles you put on your knives and personally prefer micarta/G10/CF on working knives (i.e. all my knives) but the wood handles really make those blades distinctive! Now that I think of it, my Big Chris B&T has a wood handle (bog oak). These are so purty though :)

Thanks dogrunner. I will have plenty of micarta and G10 handled knives available at the show as well. I wanted these few knives to be "Top Shelf" in materials, fit, and finish of the knives I have made to date. I am very confident to say that these are the nicest knives I have made yet.

I got the last knife I am doing for Blade finished last night.
This 1084 Fighter with Ironwood Burl is rather stunning.
IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

It just might be the nicest knife on my table this year.

I have 2 other knives that I forgot to show off sooner.

First is a S110V Slicer. This one has a Gallery Grade Rosewood Burl Sacles.

IMG_3092.jpg

Last is a Hunter EDC in CTS XHP with Dyed Bow Elder Burl.

IMG_3091.jpg

All the knives that I have showed off here are just the ones that I put wood scales on and spent extra time and effort in higher grade finishes.
I do have several other knives that are more of my normal style with belt finished blades. Sometimes you have to mix it up a bit.
I do hope that you have enjoyed seeing what I have to offer.

Thanks matumba.
The Slicer is 11.44" OAL with a 6.75" Blade, CPM S110V @ 63 Rc.
I did a 36" Hollow Primary Grind with a 12" Hollow grind on the Swedge.

ma tumba, the blade is right around .130".

So.... It finally happened last night.

I have all the knives I am making for the show finished and sharpened.

I have the leather sheaths finished. Last year I was sewing up to the moment I had to pack our Suburban to leave.

T-Shirts are packed as well as other advertising and support paraphernalia.

I have been very confident in my product for the show this year and have not stressed at all... till last night that was.

I slept very poorly and don't think it had anything to do with the 2 dogs laying against me.

Going to drill some holes today and start another batch of knives to try and occupy my mind.

I feel a little lost at the moment because I have spent the last 8 weeks with all 4 kids and my wife home with me.

Mrs. Big Chris went back to work yesterday and her mom is watching our baby to give me a break in preparation for this weekend.

I am just walking circles around the house while the other 3 kids are playing trying to find something to do.

Floors are as clean as can be expected and I have already loaded the dishwasher.

Hence my thinking that starting another batch of knives will give my mind and hands something productive to do.

I have some M4 for a change as well as more of the .065" CPM 10V. Almost 30 blades in total.

I only hope that the sleeplessness does not last long, but this is par for the course leading up to Blade Show.

I think if you did not get a little nervous or anxious something would be wrong with you.

Tapered tang M4 hunter pattern with natural canvas micarta and taco kydex :D GO!

You'll do fine at the show! Lots of people like your knives and quality wood scales should go over well. Personally I prefer micarta, so don't fully convert to wood! :D

Later! woof!

Tapered tang M4 hunter pattern with natural canvas micarta and taco kydex :D GO!

You'll do fine at the show! Lots of people like your knives and quality wood scales should go over well. Personally I prefer micarta, so don't fully convert to wood! :D

Later! woof!

Thanks for the kind words.

Not to worry about transitioning to all wood, I love my Synthetics.

Well Chris, I think that last year you were so backed up with pre-ordered knives that you didn't have time to get this nervous. :)

Have fun ! You have an awesome array of great work to show off.
Oh, and M4 definitely got my attention too :)

Love that Fighter and Alaskan Hunter! :thumbup: I'm sure those went home with someone.

Hope you had a great show.

Love that Fighter and Alaskan Hunter! :thumbup: I'm sure those went home with someone.

Hope you had a great show.

Thanks, They actually came home with me.

I will get some of the knives posted over the next few days to see if anyone around here would like to lay claim to them.

The Alaskan Hunter is by far my favorite knife as well.

Back