Blade Show 2016 Has Begun

There was some Competition finish in the trough, and in the card toss offerings.. Gorgeous stuff!!

The hammered silver is a coating, fairly smooth but has some interesting texture in it. The best I can compare it to is the old desert sand finish they had several years back.

Also during one of the events the bama clay coating came back out on one of the offerings.

The hammered silver is very similar in appearance to the moss green, except that it's silver and not moss green.

The hammered silver is very similar in appearance to the moss green, except that it's silver and not moss green.

Do you know if the steel itself is dimpled, or is it just an effect in the paint?...thanks for your reply, BTW....looks like a blast there!

Do you know if the steel itself is dimpled, or is it just an effect in the paint?...thanks for your reply, BTW....looks like a blast there!

I'm almost positive it is just an effect in the paint, I didn't look at it for very long before I put it back down and somebody else snagged it.

The trough was cleaned out in minutes this morning. Much sooner then last year. By several hours. Mostly by a few people.

I did catch a card for CGFBM with CBT.

63f13c7f974df3a0f0e1c2d47ef9ae80.jpg

e236f8b698e7594de8269bf75aa4b8b2.jpg

The line this morning.

29c0d0a4508d2d0f378a0f31b43dc3d5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

Chance to buy it... I did, its awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

Does this mean you got it for free or just the chance to buy it?

Catching a card gives one the right to buy the knife. Or pass the card to another. I've seen folk catch a card who had no idea what was going on, and when we explain it to them, they would say 'Oh, no, I dont want that!' :p

I miss the Trough. :(

Couldn't wait till morning. Started driving a couple hours ago... 3 hours left... Going to nap in the truck until they open it looks like. But I'm excited.

Chance to buy it... I did, its awesome

Congrats man!

Catching a card gives one the right to buy the knife. Or pass the card to another. I've seen folk catch a card who had no idea what was going on, and when we explain it to them, they would say 'Oh, no, I dont want that!' :p

I miss the Trough. :(

Sounds like fun! Are the offerings on the card not offered at the table? One offs?

AFAIK, yes. Haven't been since '09, so things may have changed. That covered table in the other thread is probably what was available when thye dropped the rope at 12noon for the first feeding frenzy. After that, it's mostly special offers.

The first hour Jerry offers a discount, usually 10%. When the table cover is removed it's a FRENZY to grab knives!:eek:...............................................:D

Tom and Resinguy are correct. The initial offering at noon on Friday was the whole table covered with knives. The table was chained off about 10' away, so the crowd formed at the chain. Once the chain drops people charge the table and grab whatever they can that is right in front of them, it's all luck about where you happen to be on the table and what that part of the table has for knives. Within literally a few seconds all of the knives on the table were gone. After that the next offering was at 2:30; they had about 5 or 6 offerings at 2:30. Each offering is for a particular knife, and for every knife they had available they had a card for (card is a cardboard sheath). In other words, if they have 7 of that knife they will have 7 cards. They describe the particular knife that they are offering, and then throw the cards into the audience. If you grab a card you have the right to buy the knife. There will be several new offerings today, and I'm looking forward to it.

In one offering yesterday I was able to snag a competition finished TGM with black /red g10. Really sweet knife, I love the competition finish!

e343af2d33c6e6cc364f3a44d835d81f.jpg

CGFBM

d9f0687ab18a3a12ec9bf91f733eec63.jpg

91d44b7728f1bfa8d5161f51dc9475b8.jpg

MOABOLO with Bama clay and tiger hide

1dd781c9adef4b1295c112de037de82e.jpg

Competition finish team Gemini mini

Back