Blade Show 2016 Roll Call

I was really planning on going this year for my first trip, then I got thrown a "curve ball". Back in January I learned I had lung cancer! I use to be a very heavy smoker, but quit 21 or 22 years ago. Thought I was home free. Boy, was I wrong. Anyway, I'm optimistic and undergoing both radiation and chemo right now, which really kicks my butt! I've lost a lot of weight - 36 lbs (some I needed to lose, but not as much as I have) and am weaker than a 6 year old girl, but hopefully the treatments will continue to work and there is a very slim chance I might be recovered enough to make Blade. If not, next year for sure!:D

Good luck to you in your fight, and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks to all for the sentiments, encouragement, and well wishes. Hope to meet all of you at Blade next year!:thumbup: I have a positive attitude and believe it will happen. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread!

I will be there as well! First Blade, and stoked! Had a job pop up in ATL which is allowing me to stay a few extra days to participate in the shenanigans. I won't be available until Friday PM...and probably won't get to see any blades until Saturday....but I'm remain happy that I finally get to meet a lot of Hogs, Dogs, and Rats over some good bourbon.

PS - Anyone know when Busse will distribute VIP passes? Seems like they typically have done it before now.

We enjoyed meeting some of you last year, and hope to do so again this year. What are Busse VIP passes? How do I get in line for one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

We enjoyed meeting some of you last year, and hope to do so again this year. What are Busse VIP passes? How do I get in line for one?

Businesses that have displays (not sure on exact rules) will hand out VIP passes that let you get in at noon on Friday. General public not allowed until 2:00 on Friday. I have seen Busse VIPs waiting in line hours before opening to be the first to the Busse table.

Last edited:
Businesses that have displays (not sure on exact rules) will hand out VIP passes that let you get in on Friday. General public not allowed on Friday. I have seen Busse VIPs waiting in line hours before opening to be the first to the Busse table.

To be precise the general public cannot get in until 2:00 PM on Friday. VIP Pass or an Earlybird ticket will get you in at 12:00 Noon.

We have received our packet of VIP Passes for this year's BLADE SHOW. If you are interested in VIP Pass or Passes please send a self addresses stamp envelope to:

Busse Combat
Attn: Blade VIP
11651 Co Rd 12
Wauseon OH 43567

Please include a note stating how many passes you would like. We only have a limited number of these passes so they will be issued on a first come basis.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Atlanta very soon.

Garth

Overnited mine to y'all today! my wife and I are both looking forward to seeing all you hogs!

Looking forward to denying everyone the opportunity to catch a card this year....as long as I don't headbutt the counter again.

Catch a card?
What happens if ya catch a card?
I have no idea what Im in for do i?

Catch a card?
What happens if ya catch a card?
I have no idea what Im in for do i?

Every two hours at Blade Show Busse will have a new set of offerings at their booth. They will hold up a knife, explain what it is, and then say that they have "X" of them available. Then will then throw out X number of cards into the audience. You have the right to buy the blade if you catch the card. There are typically a few different blades at each offering. It is fun, and it keeps people coming back to the Busse booth every 2 hours.

On the way... Was great last year. To "catch a card' all the new people are to stand in the back of the crowd. And watch how the proceedings work. Aid you do it respectfully, garth will throw you a card....

Every two hours at Blade Show Busse will have a new set of offerings at their booth. They will hold up a knife, explain what it is, and then say that they have "X" of them available. Then will then throw out X number of cards into the audience. You have the right to buy the blade if you catch the card. There are typically a few different blades at each offering. It is fun, and it keeps people coming back to the Busse booth every 2 hours.

Ahh....thank you sir.

Three weeks from now the vows we will have made to never eat red meat again after waddling out of Fogo's on Thursday night will have been forgotten, and we will be full again of tasty delicious cow, this time in the form of burgers from Fudruckers. Good times ahead all, good times. Can't wait for Blade!

The wife and I will be attending again looking forward to seeing everyone.

Also bringing another couple with us this year for their first blade show.

It's getting closer!!

Can't wait to see everyone again!!!

It is to the point now that I can say it is the week after next. Man I need it. Not had a day off sense the end of January and was sick then. Been training a new partner at work for the last few weeks. Really need this.

Back