Blade Show 2017 Roll Call

Very warm there in June. If it keeps going like this winter has gone so far in the south it will be unbearable.

Nice, is it pretty warm there in June ?
July/August in Alabama and Georgia is like Hell, with a lot more humidity. June is a little better, not quite as hot, and lower humidity.

But, it will only be oppressive in June if it's unseasonably warm, or you are from a cool area.

I'm going to try to make it. Does busse usually have a good selection for sale? Can I bring a knife with me and try to sell or trade it there?

I'm going to try to make it. Does busse usually have a good selection for sale? Can I bring a knife with me and try to sell or trade it there?

You'll never see as many Busse's as you'll see there and who knows what they'll surprise us with. Definitely bring your knives.

EDIT:

I didn't clarify, I meant to bring them for outside the show as mentioned below.

Last edited:

No doubt that Jerry and Co will have all kind of great stuff for sale.

It is considered bad form to try to sell your stuff inside the show itself. Dealers pay a lot for those tables. Outside the show, in the lobby, hotel bar (the Pit), etc, there is a lot of action, show and tell, buy and sell.

Can someone plzz explain "The Busse" experience (for a lack of a better word) or a Schedule of events at the blade, i heard there is a dinner ? Also is the only way to buy Busse knives there is to catch a ticket ? Or ?
Any info would be very helpfull.

Can someone plzz explain "The Busse" experience (for a lack of a better word) or a Schedule of events at the blade, i heard there is a dinner ? Also is the only way to buy Busse knives there is to catch a ticket ? Or ?
Any info would be very helpfull.

In my experience both years were mostly the same. Of course things could change so be aware.

Thursday night is Fogo on our dime. Great time with great people.

Friday morning after the show opens they'll have the table covered and roped off. We can line up in front of it and wait for the trough. The table will be covered with knives. In the past this first trough was 10% off and a lot of Custom Shop knives. After the dust settles you can buy, hold in a box or pass on any knife you snagged.

They'll announce when the next offering will be. Say it's at 2pm. Hogs will start to get in place long before that. A Busse crew member will get up on the podium and be handed a box with the offering in it. There could be a couple or a dozen. It just depends. There will be multiple knives at each offering. They'll be throwing out cards. You may have a card come right to you like it's meant to be but for the most part you'll be working to get it. If you get a card you are entitled to purchasing that knife. After the offering you will have a chance to check the knife out and decide if you want to buy, hold or pass on it. Also, we'll all be passing around cards we don't want or that we'd like for someone else to have who really wants it.

There will be multiple offerings. In between offerings there are always knives on the table for sale. In my two years it was pretty much SYKCO and SwampRat models. This gives new customers a chance to come up, talk to someone and handle some knives. When the trough is going on I think outsiders are mostly scared. :)

Friday night Busse treats us to Fudruckers. It's a great time.

Saturday is mostly like Friday without the covered table offering. There will be multiple offerings. At some point they'll announce that we need to decide what we want and pay for it buy the end of the day. Anything not claimed will be offered again Sunday.

Again, this could all change. I could even be wrong about a few things because I missed last year.

Last edited:
Don't forget Jock and Jills Saturday night!

Dang, yep. I can't believe I forgot that. Wow lol

Busse provides us with dinner, drinks and games on Saturday night at Jacks and Jills.

Last edited:
On the fence. Secured the time off work. Went the last 2 years. The first year was a lot of fun and worth the trip. I don't care much for driving in Atlanta though. The search is on for a safe place to stay. As for the trough I jumped in my first year not so much the second but still had a few things follow me home.

Great write-up Bunch of Bacon!

Mrs. Nakago and I will be in attendance this year as well!

Fantastic, looking forward to seeing you again!

Lodging secured and in walking distance! Time to do my homework and see what I can hope to bring home this year.

Blade Show is now only 3 months away! As I did the last two years, I'll be traveling down with my buddy that got me hooked on Busse knives a few years back. Who else is planning to attend this year?

For those people on the fence, I honestly cannot stress enough that you try to make the trip. Busse is obviously a highlight of the show for me, but there are many many fantastic knife makers at the show. Blade Show is an excellent experience, and even though it's the world's largest knife show, there are tons of other things to see there like custom flashlights and all sorts of other EDC gear. It's also fun to watch the Bladesports World Championship Knife Cutting Competition that takes place at the show.

Above all, getting to hang out with the Busse crew (and people on this forum) for three nights is priceless. Experiences are worth far more than possessions, so even if it means buying less knives, start planning now so that you can attend Blade Show!

If you attend Blade Show, you can become an inducted Hog, Rat, or Dog!

I want to go. Where is it again and when? Will there be a chance to buy a knife before all the dealers grab them.

Hate to miss it this year, my schedule won't let me go, will definitely be there next year to be inducted.

Hope y'all have a awesome time and score some fantastic blades, be sure to post pics!

Back