Blade Show 2019

Warrior108

Platinum Member
Hey Folks,

I'm not sure if I'm going yet or not but just in case I am, I already booked a hotel last month and last night the Early Bird Tickets (let you in at Noon Friday instead of 2:00) became available.

https://bladeshow.com/buy-tickets/

Paying the additional $25 or $35 to get in 2 hours early is something you'll need to decide is worth to you or not. Depends if you're after something I guess. :)

Who else is going?

You didn't like getting a snack whilst being routed through the back kitchen or helping to fix things in the maintenance area?
If I recall correctly, I don’t think we were “officially” routed through the kitchen....we kind of blazed a trail, actually. :) And there’s no time for snacks and maintenance when awesome knives await our perusal. I’m on a mission from the knife gods. :D

I live right down the road, just grabbed early bird Friday myself. Need to take the day off now....

I'm working a few angles to get myself back down there this year. I really want to return. I've got a few guys who have exhibitor passes for me if I do. Jerry, if I end up going and can't get lodging, I'll sleep in the chair!! LOL

I'm working a few angles to get myself back down there this year. I really want to return. I've got a few guys who have exhibitor passes for me if I do. Jerry, if I end up going and can't get lodging, I'll sleep in the chair!! LOL

I'm not 100% committed to going yet. It may come down to a decision between either Blade or a trip to take the 3 daughters to visit my family in PA. The oldest 2 haven't been there in 7 years. I'd like to swing both trips this year but I'm not sure that's feasible.

A chair for maybe for the price of an Exhibitor pass? :D

Here are the Fiddleback family acquisitions I was fortunate enough to make at this year's Blade Show.

Hiking Buddy - Brown cross-cut micarta, natural liners with Antique Westinghouse micarta bolster and mosaic pin; TT
Cohutta Alaculsy - Yew burl, natural liners with blue pinstripes; TT
Cohutta Large Puukko - Spalted mango over black liners and white pinstripes; SFT

48032277591_acb66f0cd5_o.jpg

That Hiking Buddy went to a good place. I'm happy. It was hard to let that one go. I'm really into the crosscut micarta thing. I'm going to be making a lot more with it.
That is great news!! A few recent pieces have gotten away from me. I'm looking forward to grabbing a few! Thank you.

The Fiddleback, Pop’s, and Outpost crew are the best! Each and every one of you - no exceptions. Another fun 3-day shopping spree at the world’s largest knife show. Great seeing all the regular fiddleheads and meeting some new ones. Andy, it’s awesome to see how the fiddleback community has grown and now entering the supply biz, which has so many possibilities. Thank you for all y’all do. It’s so much fun to be a part of!!!

I've been so busy since Bladeshow, I have not had time to properly post pics of two freaking kick ass knives I was lucky to snag. My Blade show experience was crazy and I admit I was a bit overwhelmed, I wish I could have met more people. Next time I'll be better prepared.

JpMrV6X.jpg

QywR5lV.jpg

hRla8j8.jpg

4Z1DRKY.jpg

LOgbJvl.jpg

Does anyone have pictures of the FBF layout at blade? I’m looking for a particular knife I kept fondling :) but with my brain being so short I can’t rememebr the details. I know it was on the top row of knives lol toward the left close to the knife that had the wicked blue scales on it lol

Back