Blade Show 2019

Fathers and their daughters; I have my own mini-me!

Poor Nathan! Will have to deal with HS, prom, dates, BFs... No amount of weapons will deter Nature! Princess Abby will add substantially to Nathan's already greying mane :p

They don't throw them away. They resell them at auction .. by the 55 gallon plastic drum full. Not kidding.

When meeting one of my daughter’s boyfriends for the first time, I told him it always made me anxious to meet a new boyfriend, because I wasn't sure if I was going to have to kill him and dispose of the body or take him to dinner. For some reason he seemed slightly rattled. I didn’t have to kill him, but I think that it made him think about my expectations a bit.:D We were fine after that. Mike

When meeting one of my daughter’s boyfriends for the first time, I told him it always made me anxious to meet a new boyfriend, because I wasn't sure if I was going to have to kill him and dispose of the body or take him to dinner. For some reason he seemed slightly rattled. I didn’t have to kill him, but I think that it made him think about my expectations a bit.:D We were fine after that. Mike

Killing them with kindness. That's so you Mike :D

Argh! Mike! You need a valet to take you to the airport. I'm avail for chauffeuring and valeting :)

You need to be at the show, Mat!

Actually, the first year we went, we ran into an independent driver who offered as a ride from the airport to our hotel. After confirming that he wasn’t going to charge us more than a taxi, we went with him. Nice, comfortable car, smooth, pleasant, ride. I called him this year before arriving and set it up. Worked out nicely. I sometimes worry weather some of the taxi drivers have a death wish. Mike

Mike, I was in Atlanta for about 9 months several years ago, staying in midtown Atlanta, and had to go home every weekend. On my first trip to Atlanta, I met an independent driver who offered me the same service - and for the balance of the nine months, he had my business twice a week, every Friday and return on Monday. It is the way to go if the visits are even infrequent, though there is also much to be said about Uber.

Last edited:
I also had a great (mind blowing) first time:D I actually started it off with meeting Nathan and Co. first thing Friday at noon which set the tone for an absolutely amazing weekend!

I mean, where else can you BS with the Doctor and the Mad Scientist at the same time?:eek:

20190608_233854.jpg

I didn't actually catch Nathan away from the table until Sunday afternoon...on the way to buy some wood he doesn't need;)
20190609_140522.jpg

Last edited:
I also had a great (mind blowing) first time:D I actually started it off with meeting Nathan and Co. first thing Friday at noon which set the tone for an absolutely amazing weekend!

I mean, where else can you BS with the Doctor and the Mad Scientist at the same time?:eek:

20190608_233854.jpg

I didn't actually catch Nathan away from the table until Sunday afternoon...on the way to buy some wood he doesn't need;)
20190609_140522.jpg
Thanks for posting all these great pics Chip. I wasn’t fortunate enough to make it this year, but can get a little taste of the experience thanks to you brother

Back