Blade show 2020

Anyone laying odds on whether this show will actually take place? The show promoters say its still on schedule but the way things are going I find that hard to believe. I, for one, won't be booking any cross country plane flights anytime soon!

The show promoters are still looking to go on. But that is beyond the time frame everyone is looking to right now. Only time will tell of today’s actions will have the desired affect. As we move forward, the results will determine next steps. If that next step is to continue social separation, or stay at home orders, the promoters can say all they want but the state, city, or even venue may shut it down. Only time will tell.

Me and my dudes drive in, so no loss of tickets there, but we haven’t made hotel reservations. We know we may have to stay a few miles drive away but that’s a chance we taking.

Haven't cancelled the Airbnb or flight yet...fingers crossed here.

Table and Booth holders were sent an email from the Show staff last week.

It was a poll which asked IF a reschedule to June 26-28 would be OK. My answer was YES.

Plan B?

Show will be cancelled no doubt about it. We are still weeks(and in some areas months) away from seeing just how bad this is going to get. The people running bladeshow are doing a disservice to table holders, attendees and public safety at this point by not cancelling it or rescheduling the event for a MUCH later date. I'll be shocked if major conventions and events are up again in time for Blade West to happen even.

“It was a poll which asked IF a reschedule to June 26-28 would be OK. My answer was YES“.... what year?
Seriously though l just can’t see it happening, US is a couple of weeks behind the UK who in turn are 2-3 weeks behind Italy and Spain just look at what’s going on there. You are going to be middle of a very difficult time in May\June. Thousands of people shoulder to shoulder in the Cobb Galleria centre... not a good idea.
International travellers can’t get into the US even if the airlines were flying.
I heard DT suggests that the US should be on top of CV19 by Easter...dream on.
The blade show organisers need to be realistic and delay/cancel.

Last edited:
I was going this year for the first time...was really looking forward to it...made hotel reservations last December...then mid-February we saw the way the virus was going and cancelled the hotel...I’m glad we hadn’t bought tickets yet!...

The Summer Olympics were to be held in July and we have seen them postpone for a year...it’s going to be a real mess for them but they are doing the responsible thing...Blade should do the same and sooner rather than later...

And, if they do decide to proceed without a SERIOUS delay I doubt they will have much of an attendance...just my 2 cents...

Not gonna happen. Even when there’s a downfall in infections by that time, you still don’t want to be there.
Greets from the Netherlands and take care everyone.

I have not missed a blade show in a very long time ......... I think this year will be the first regretfully

hope for the best

Email this morning:

An Important Update About BLADE Show
The BLADE Show team thanks you for your continued patience and support as we work on a final decision for the BLADE Show. We have been working with multiple partners throughout the decision-making process while also monitoring daily what is going on specifically as it relates to COVID-19.

Updated Options for BLADE Show

As it currently stands, there are no opportunities for us to host the Show in future months due to limited hotel room inventory, as well as zero options for space availability at the Cobb Galleria.

Therefore, at this time, we are waiting to make a final decision on whether we host the show on its regularly scheduled dates or cancel completely.

As stated previously, the BLADE Show will be working with the Cobb Galleria to ensure all recommended safety measures are in place. The city of Atlanta is continuing to maintain rigorous cleanliness and safety standards throughout public spaces, hotels and meeting facilities to host successful trade events.

Watch For Official Communication & Please Allow Staff to Work

Once again, the BLADE Show team asks that you refrain from e-mailing about refund information or other questions regarding a possible cancellation at this time. The team is diligently working to make the best decision possible for exhibitors and attendees.

Hoping For The Best

Like the rest of the nation, we encourage everyone to stay home and stay safe. It is our hope that the Show will take place and give the knife community something to look forward to!

'The city of Atlanta is continuing to maintain rigorous cleanliness and safety standards throughout public spaces, hotels and meeting facilities to host successful trade events.'

The best safety standard is to not have public spaces, hotels and meeting facilities open in the first place. Atlanta's cases are starting to explode this week due to their inaction on these type of issues. They are just now starting to lock things down after its far too late.

They ordered 'Safe at Home' orders here for 30 days, started this morning.....schools closed, State Offices closed, non-essential business' closed, etc....very quiet.

They ordered 'Safe at Home' orders here for 30 days, started this morning.....schools closed, State Offices closed, non-essential business' closed, etc....very quiet.

Wish ya luck, its gonna get rough for you guys in ATL(and a lot of the southern states) with how long of a delay there was in doing so. Up here in Seattle metro area were starting to see the fruits of the social distancing and lockdowns. Cases while still rising, are starting to tick down each day from previous days net gains. Even still, our hospitals are at capacity and actual, not imagined 'death panel's' have been formed to decide who gets the ventilators and who gets morphine and a cot to die in. Scary times. Hopefully the actions being taken now make it so Blade can at least happen later this year, or early next!

Last edited:
Just thinking about this and wondering about refunds and how it’s going to be handled if they go ahead with the show and exhibitors and attendees decide it’s just not safe and cancel???...

They may change their mind but they have pretty much stated that if they go ahead with the show and you cancel, no refunds. I suppose it would be a real nightmare for them to go back and try to refund things at this point.

while I love Blade Show, in my opinion it would be HIGHLY irresponsible to proceed with the show. No disrespect to the organizers, staff and volunteers but now is the time for real talk.

Delaying the decision to cancel is not helping anyone.

Georgia still has not imposed physical distancing measures on businesses, and I think we will see the epi curve steepen severely in the coming weeks.

https://www.ajc.com/news/hard-hit-georgia-virus-expected-linger/AYMvVN9SIq8A0RUgUzIt5O/

while I love Blade Show, in my opinion it would be HIGHLY irresponsible to proceed with the show. No disrespect to the organizers, staff and volunteers but now is the time for real talk.

Delaying the decision to cancel is not helping anyone.

Georgia still has not imposed physical distancing measures on businesses, and I think we will see the epi curve steepen severely in the coming weeks.

https://www.ajc.com/news/hard-hit-georgia-virus-expected-linger/AYMvVN9SIq8A0RUgUzIt5O/

Don't sugar coat it, the organizers of Blade deserve FULL disrespect at this point. They know full well it's not gonna happen and that if it did it would result in thousands becoming infected. And yet here they are letting greed take the lead. Trying to keep this thing going in a time of national crisis, crisis that their event would only worsen if it were to take place. On top of that, they are doing no table holders and favors by making them keep their hotels, flights, schedules booked so close to the event that everyone will lose a ton of money with late cancellations. But hey, long as Blade gets paid right?

I'm ashamed that these guys are some of the biggest promoters of our industry at this point as if this show goes on the knife world is going to be looked at in scorn by the general population who will be saying wtf, how is this event happening during this pandemic???

Back