Blade Show West Q&A

Hello everyone! Blade Show team here. We are new and very excited to finally join Blade Forums! We hope to see some of you at Blade Show West 2021 this October 8-9th in Long Beach, CA. We wanted to take a moment to hop on here and and answer any questions you may have about Blade Show West. Below I've included some links that you might all find useful in regards to the show. We can't wait to see everyone this fall. Let us know if you plan to attend, we are pumped to see you all!

Dates: Oct 8-9, 2021
300 E Ocean Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90802
Tickets: $20 Single Day Pass, $35 2-Day Pass, Children 12 and Under FREE

Helpful Links
Buy Tickets
Blade Show West Exhibitor List & Floor Plan
Free Demos Happening this Year
Blade Show West Attendee FAQ
Hotel & Travel Info

970 x 90 (2).png

A friend called me today and said he saw on the Blade West Information page that you will have to show proof of COVID Vaccination or a negative COVID test less than three days old to enter the Blade West Show. Is this correct and if so will you be giving refunds to people who have purchased their tickets but do not meet these criteria? John

A friend called me today and said he saw on the Blade West Information page that you will have to show proof of COVID Vaccination or a negative COVID test less than three days old to enter the Blade West Show. Is this correct and if so will you be giving refunds to people who have purchased their tickets but do not meet these criteria? John
You mean if you get Covid and can't make it?

Here is the info when you go to buy a ticket:

*PLEASE READ THE NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR COVID-19 BY CLICKING HERE.

*Proof of negative COVID test or vaccination is now required by LA County

CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY​

All Ticket Sales are Final and no refunds will be issued.

Also, from their FAQ:
CANCELLATION POLICY
Tickets purchased for the Blade Show West are non-refundable. Should you choose not to attend, you may give your ticket to someone else. Daily tickets purchased in advance may be exchanged for a different day once you arrive on site

So I believe all of this will give you your answer

Last edited:
You mean if you get Covid and can't make it?

Here is the info when you go to buy a ticket:

*PLEASE READ THE NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR COVID-19 BY CLICKING HERE.

*Proof of negative COVID test or vaccination is now required by LA County

CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY​

All Ticket Sales are Final and no refunds will be issued.

Also, from their FAQ:
CANCELLATION POLICY
Tickets purchased for the Blade Show West are non-refundable. Should you choose not to attend, you may give your ticket to someone else. Daily tickets purchased in advance may be exchanged for a different day once you arrive on site

So I believe all of this will give you your answer

Hmmmmm....so they changed the terms of the deal on those folks who bought tickets before this "new requirement" took effect, but won't be issuing refunds?

Interesting, and entirely ethical, I'm sure.

😒

The timing on them COVID tests can be kinda tricky (or at least it was), I’d hate to try to plan something around getting results back within a couple days.

Hmmmmm....so they changed the terms of the deal on those folks who bought tickets before this "new requirement" took effect, but won't be issuing refunds?

😒
Ha, you earned an edit on the page linked by unwisefool above, which now reads "*Please note these are not BLADE Show West’s stipulations; but the state of CA and are outside our control. "

Hey John! Blade Show tickets are non-refundable as they always have been. We issue refunds if an event gets cancelled. Below are the COVID guidelines for the show. Unfortunately these are are NOT Blade Show West’s stipulations; but the state of CA and are outside our control. They recently enforced these a couple of weeks back and unfortunately we have to adhere to them. See below:

In compliance with Los Angeles County and the city of Long Beach, CA, effective September 20, 2021; all persons attending an indoor Mega event (with over 1,000 people) must provide proof of vaccination OR negative Covid test within 72 hours of your arrival. In addition, you will be required to wear masks inside unless drinking or eating.
You will be required to Show proof of vaccination OR negative Covid test (to Show Management personnel) when you enter the building to pick up your wristbands (for will call ticket holders) or purchase your tickets.

Following are what is accepted for Proof of Vaccination:

• Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control & Prevention or WHO Yellow Card1) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided and date last dose administered); OR
  • A photo of a vaccination card as a separate document; OR
  • A photo of the client's vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device; OR
  • Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider; OR
  • Digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type;
For Verification for proof of a negative COVID-19 test result – the following is accepted:
  • A printed document from the test provider or laboratory, or;
  • An electronic test result displayed on a phone or other device from the test provider or laboratory.
  • The information should include person's name, type of test performed, and negative test result.

Last edited:

😒
We did not change anything in regards to ticket refunds. Blade Show tickets have always been non-refundable. We did however issue refunds last year when the actual event itself was cancelled due to COVID.

Ha, you earned an edit on the page linked by unwisefool above, which now reads "*Please note these are not BLADE Show West’s stipulations; but the state of CA and are outside our control. "

Which, candidly, is meaningless. Leaving the "To vax or not to vax" debate entirely aside, if they don't offer refunds to those who now wish to pass on attending the show due to this new stipulation, it's acting in bad faith as far as I'm concerned.

We did not change anything in regards to ticket refunds. Blade Show tickets have always been non-refundable. We did however issue refunds last year when the actual event itself was cancelled due to COVID.
So, given that there's now a state mandated requirement that wasn't in effect when people may have purchased tickets to your show, are you going to allow refunds for those who now decline to attend due to this new requirement?

So, given that there's now a state mandated requirement that wasn't in effect when people may have purchased tickets to your show, are you going to allow refunds for those who now decline to attend due to this new requirement?
Eh, I can see it from their point of view. First, they have no control over the mandates and second, if people didn't expect that this type of mandate was a very real possibility, then they have had their head in the sand. But maybe they can offer a ticket for a future event instead because the mandates were put in place after tickets were sold. But it's really not hard to get a vaccine or a test, CVS has both.

Tickets are non-refundable. Fortunately we have not had people ask for ticket refunds. COVID-19 tests are available at no cost nationwide.
Eh, I can see it from their point of view. First, they have no control over the mandates and second, if people didn't expect that this type of mandate was a very real possibility, then they have had their head in the sand. But maybe they can offer a ticket for a future event instead because the mandates were put in place after tickets were sold. But it's really not hard to get a vaccine or a test, CVS has both.

Thanks for understanding. With the state the country has been in, we made it transparent that tickets were non-refundable (as they always have been). Fortunately, we have not had anybody request ticket refunds.

Thankfully, Covid tests are available nationwide at no cost, (though we feel bad that attendees have to take that that extra step). We feel really grateful that the community has still been supporting us and that people are still coming out despite the mandates that have come into effect.

Sorry, "People should have expected..." isn't sound policy.

Tickets are non-refundable. Fortunately we have not had people ask for ticket refunds. COVID-19 tests are available at no cost nationwide.

Thanks for understanding. With the state the country has been in, we made it transparent that tickets were non-refundable (as they always have been). Fortunately, we have not had anybody request ticket refunds.

Thankfully, Covid tests are available nationwide at no cost, (though we feel bad that attendees have to take that that extra step). We feel really grateful that the community has still been supporting us and that people are still coming out despite the mandates that have come into effect.
A covid test is classified as “medical procedure.” So what you are saying is that it is not your fault that someone now has to get a “medical procedure” to attend your show? You are basically agreeing to this and standing your ground?

You should keep repeating your policy, I didn't catch it or remark on the first several times. :rolleyes:

Back