Blade Swaping a benchmade knife.

I have a Benchmade Adamas, I really like it. It makes the small mall-ninja inside of me very happy. Unfortunately, D2 steel is definitely not for me. I'm used to 1095 or S30V, and while I did learn to sharpen D2, I've decided to stick with easier steel to maintain. I use my knives on daily basis, for hard task on my free time and they need maintainance. I can't afford to spend too much time on them, unfortunately.To be perfectly honest, 1095 is my personal sweet spot, thanks to Esee and Ka-bar knives, I just like the steel too much.

I decided to ask a custom knife maker to mimic the blade of the Adamas, but in 1095, so I'll be able to blade swap the D2 blade on my adamas. Has anyone done it before ? Any things I should look out for ? In my mind, it should be straight forward process, but it's never as easy as it seems with tools so there might be a catch.

Bonus : I live in Europe, if someone know a good craftman for that, please recommend me one.

Finding someone to do a custom project like that will not be cheap. Imo, you'd probably be better off finding a knife already in 1095, or maybe even something like an older Benchmade Presidio in 440c which will sharpen rather easily like 1095.

Back