blade thickness

This may have already been covered. What specifically are the blade thicknesses on the various ER folders? I see the Nemesis is at .25", is that true of all of the folders. I'm seriously considering one as my next folding knife.

Since Frank seems to be asleep, I'm the guy who helped him out at the Blade Show and had to learn the full product line.

All ER knives, fixed or folders, are made from 1/4 inch thick N690 cobalt stainless steel. The Fulcrum II folder is available in either drop point or tanto. Each has a blade less than four inches.

Holy Crap! It's hard to imagine how massive a 1/4" blade on a folder would be. I definitely see one in my future! Thanks for the quick response!:)

Sharkman,

Mr. Rundel is correct! The blade thickness on all the folders is .25"
and ALL are made from N690 COBALT STAINLESS STEEL. They are totally ambidextrious and have a "cross bolt" safety. If you want any specific pics just let me know...I will take them and post.

Don,

N690 Cobalt Stainless is an Austrian Steel that has the added ingrediant of Cobalt. Cobalt enhances the quality and the performance of stainless steel (provided the steel has certain ingredients with specifiic percentages...and this steel does!) by allowing the steel to be very hard (58-60 Rockwell) but not brittle, very resistant to any type of corrosion, and the abilty to hold an edge even after hard use.
This steel is rarely used in a production knife due to its cost...it is very expensive. It is normally used by custom makers.

N690 is used in the meat cutting industry as they need a blade in their automatic cutters that does not corrode with blood and salts and does not need to be sharpened often, It is also used in the medical field for surgical implants and surgical blades.

From a practical point of view I feel that N690 Cobalt is unsurpassed as a blade for use in a "tactical" knife.
Hope this helps.

Back