BLADE!!!

Whoa, an actual Ethan sighting! Have fun sir. You haven't been here for quite some time. Hopefully, that means you've been working on a new project. ;)

Woo-hoo!
Hope to see/meet you there!

Flying out of Providence around 6:30p.

Kind of interesting being back at BLADE....Seeing so many old friends ... It causes me to realize,once again, how much of a family this industry is....At SHOT it is different, in that there is so much real estate that you just cannot connect with people you know and like and have known for decades. BLADE is truly a great big family reunion with a bunch of distant cousins mixed in.... It is not that there are not a couple of black sheep.and the odd rat but, it is always amazing to me how the “blade” brings out the best.
My three favorite days of the year.... Hope to see a bunch of you.....I do wish you were here!

Great to see that you're still able to go to Blade Ethan. Keep it up! You are eternal. I passed by the Kabar booth a number of times and didn't really try to say hello as you were occupied with other people. I doubt you would remember me anyway. Today is the last day of the show. I truly enjoyed Friday there.

I met Ethan the first time at Smoky Mountain Knife Works' manufacturers days a number of years ago. Have seen him off and on since at shows, SMKW, and so forth. I never attended one of his gatherings in East TN. Probably should have. Now he's gone to the Wild Wild West.

Got to hang with Todd and Murph's crew, which was fun and generous of them. Really nice to meet them in person *finally*.

I was sad when I had to put off my first trip to Blade until next year ... but enjoyed vicariously through pictures and posts ...

and short of an act of God ... I WILL make next year's Blade ... I'd still like to shake the hand of the man who gave us these great blades ... and probably gave us even more in his interactions and love of all things sharp and pointy ... throw in a bit of wisdom here and there ...

hope you had a great weekend Ethan!

Uncle E, it was nice speaking with you at the end of the day Friday at Blade. The thing was so big, I unfortunately didn’t make the round back to speak again Saturday. Looking forward to next year!

Sorry I missed you at both SHOT and BLADE this year, E.
First time in a very long time I'm 0 for 2.
Lord willing I will harass you thoroughly come January.

Back