Bladeforums Chat WEDNESDAY night!

I'd love to stop in but with the dial-up I'm pretty sure the conversaion would be over before I began. Paul

I'd love to stop in but with the dial-up I'm pretty sure the conversaion would be over before I began. Paul

Dialup is fine for IRC, it may take a couple minutes for the page to load when you first go there but the chat should work real-time. If you got a client like mIRC you wouldn't notice any difference from dialup to 50 megabit fiber optic. IRC (the protocol our chat runs on) has been around since the fastest modem was 1,200bps, your modem is probably 50 times faster than that. The main guy that runs the chat (pff) is on dialup, and has been there for about 11 years, and he runs several other chats at the same time.

L6steel; Well, you are of course welcome to come back, bud.

If anyone needs help with getting in, or wants to install mIRC or another client I'd be happy to lend a hand... And just for the record, anyone is welcome.

-MJ

I've never been on a chat room. It was very interesting....Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Stacy

That was fun... for the short while I was able to be on... will definantly be there next wednesday!

Jason

Aww...I missed it!! :( My wife and I got home from dinner, I layed down in bed and started looking over today's lesson plans, and then I fell plum asleep. I'll catch it another day for sure.

--nathan

No reason why it has to be wedensday only =) People can jsut hang out in IRC and chat if people are there or idle if people arent. That's one of the nice things about IRC rather than instant messaging or whatnot.

That was cool last night, but where the hell was that Nick Wheeler guy?:cool:
Mace

It was kinda funny actually because Nick left and literally less than 30 seconds later mace joins and asks where Nick is.

Hey everyone, thanks for joining us. We had a great time, nice to see so many new users coming in!

No reason why it has to be wedensday only =) People can jsut hang out in IRC and chat if people are there or idle if people arent. That's one of the nice things about IRC rather than instant messaging or whatnot.

Absolutely right Justin! The chat (IRC) is open every day, our regular meeting time is about 9pm Eastern. Wednesday is just a good meeting day for a specific 'Shoptalk Chat' that Brad and a couple others thought up. Casual chat is still welcome on Wednesdays, and shoptalk is still welcome the rest of the week, but that just helps set a gathering time. :)

Most nights it will be more casual, depending on how many people show up. That is just the nature of things. You'll find with me and the other longtime regulars, when it is just us we are like any friends, catching up on the days events. But if you can't make Wednesdays, or you have free time and want to chat come in any night!

Again, BF Chat on IRC at 9pm Eastern nightly or Wednesdays for Shoptalk Chat;

For beginners just click on Mibbit to join in.
For more advanced users the server is irc.newnet.net and the channel is #bladeforums.com

-MJ

Last edited:
Back