BladeForums.com COVID-19 Response

Teach cursive in school.
783KlwF.jpg

I didn't notice which forum this is. The topic seemed political. Deleted save for your quote.

Johns Hopkins University, sent this excellent summary to avoid contagion

share it with you because it is very clear:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, be

cause it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

--

Professor of Social Anthropology and Middle Eastern Studies, emeritus.
Department of Anthropology.

Harvard Society of Fellows,
Harvard University,
Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Johns Hopkins University, sent this excellent summary to avoid contagion

share it with you because it is very clear:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, be

cause it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

--

Professor of Social Anthropology and Middle Eastern Studies, emeritus.
Department of Anthropology.

Harvard Society of Fellows,
Harvard University,
Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Maybe professor of anthropology should stick to studying anthropology and let real doctors be doctors. There's misinformation in there that anyone who took undergrad general bio and Organic chem should know better.
0e3100359b6bfa8ac49031cd3fa94823.jpg

Maybe professor of anthropology should stick to studying anthropology and let real doctors be doctors. There's misinformation in there that anyone who took undergrad general bio and Organic chem should know better.
0e3100359b6bfa8ac49031cd3fa94823.jpg
Reads like a bad translation as well

I am in NYC and the new EDC is a mask and gloves. This is the new norm here.

I just want to post this to alert others to the facts of reality here and maybe for you soon.
The reason why it spreads so quickly is that you are infectious up to 5-7 days BEFORE any symptoms occur. Everyone at this time, should assume YOU have been infected and should wear a mask. Know that N95 masks are the best but non existent to the masses. ANY cotton mask will prevent transmission and is worn by all healthcare workers here as well as everyone else. Doctors are reusing masks due to the shortages, putting it in a paper bag and using it the next day. 80% have mild to bad flu like symptoms, 20% of the infected are getting hit very hard. Of all ages. Numbers doubling every 3 days.

I am 50 and healthy at this time, but my girlfriend is in the risk category and has a bad cough that is so far getting better each day. She has been tested and will get results via email if negative and if positive an email and a phone call on what to do. We are in self quarantine with a week or two of supplies. If I have to go out for more, which I eventually will, I wear a medical mask and nitrile gloves and realize a fitted mask with ear loops is essential. I only have a few and sanitize them with a high power UV light for a few minutes and don’t touch it for at least 12 hours. I plan to buy a few cloth home made masks to wash for the weeks-months to come. Yes, I know, the facts are that UV light does kill viruses and is effective but unreliable due to the length of time exposed and the power of the lamp. But I do it anyway because it may help to disinfect what can not be washed with soap and water or harmful disinfectants you should not breathe. And we wash our hands every time we leave our apartment and often inside as well.

I avoid supermarkets and stores with long lines where even though we are practicing social distancing, you are standing with infected or infecting others with the virus. I shop in CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, local corner delis and smaller sources of food where I go in and get out asap.

When outside, I avoid cash and need to pay with a card at the cashier. I use a copper pen to push the buttons and sign the digital touchscreen(sometimes it works) if possible. I am sure all of you know that copper is antimicrobial so bust out your copper. However at ATMs and with other touch screens a finger or stylus is required. I have a separate stylus for those but am looking for a copper pen with a stylus if anyone can direct me to one. I reached out to a few handkerchief makers for masks who are making a few prototypes to sell but if anyone has any helpful links please post.

The streets are almost completely empty 24/7. Also there are no police in sight because they have more important things to take care of. It reminds me of the old NYC where its just you and a few sketchy characters on a lonely street. So yeah, you are a bit on your own here and I am carrying my largest flashy knives to deter any confrontation. I have always carried a knife as a tool first, self defense last and hope to keep it that way.

Be safe now, not later. This is only the beginning and if you take it seriously, the faster it will go away.

Luckily, it hasn't hit my city that hard. There have only been a handful of cases.

With all non essential businesses shut down, the streets are eerily vacant. My ride to work is nonstop now with elimination of traffic.

Hopefully, if its like this everywhere, it.will defeat the virus. Unfortunately for guys like you OP, in a VERY LARGE city, it's alot harder to avoid SOME contact

Stay safe!

Hardcore sequestering going on here on the Central Coast too. Good luck with the test results and the rest of it.

Stay safe. Thankfully, Ohio seems to be taking this seriously and has taken steps before they seemed necessary, which I think will help a lot. I'm immunosuppressed, so I went into full lockdown mode before most and plan to stay that way as long as necessary. I'll be sending smoke and good thoughts your way.

To keep it a bit knife related, I've been carrying my carbon fiber Kershaw Knockout because it's lightweight and I've been wearing exclusively pajama pants for almost two weeks, because nobody gives a damn about your fashion when you're in a pandemic. ;)

if everyone did what you did, this thing could be over in a few weeks...
but last week thousands of college and highschool kids hit the beaches in FL and other usual spots, then brought it back to NY & other places

they just don't give a sh*t, but we were all young and invulnerable at some point... still, that only should apply with risks to themselves...
I know you had community transmission going on in NY prior to march break, but still

Many of those kids are in for a rude awakening when they realize diabetes or even mild asthma puts them in the same risk category as 60+ year olds

keep us posted! stay safe

Back