BladeForums.com COVID-19 Response

I'm in an essential business, so still working here in the south. its ironic how careful we all are being at work...... following cdc guidelines and safety procedures all day.

I get home and all the home workers are packed on the sidewalks walking side by side in groups touching high fiving and laughing etc and shaking hands and petting each others dawgs and such chatting away and visiting each other. so much for staying home to prevent the spread. guess they cant do it at work, they cant do it at home either.

knife wise...buck 110 on my belt like every other day.

It was a tough choice today, showing some solidarity...
VacspLn.jpg

*(sorry spain, I have no spanish knives)...

In my vehicle I keep a 10 litre bottle of water with a tap, and a pump pack of liquid soap. Every time I get out I wash my hands. Every time I come back to the vehicle I wash my hands before touching anything else. That way the inside of the vehicle is always clean.

I'm in an essential business, so still working here in the south. its ironic how careful we all are being at work...... following cdc guidelines and safety procedures all day.

I get home and all the home workers are packed on the sidewalks walking side by side in groups touching high fiving and laughing etc and shaking hands and petting each others dawgs and such chatting away and visiting each other. so much for staying home to prevent the spread. guess they cant do it at work, they cant do it at home either.

knife wise...buck 110 on my belt like every other day.

This is exactly what I was going to post. Forced to work driving all over being very careful. People walking everywhere without a care. I even carry a 110.

I'm considered essential so I'm working for now, which unfortunately will not be that much longer. I have been carrying my trusty M4 Manix but I just got the K390 PM2 in so that has replaced it.

FWIW, I went with the Kizer today...
f0W7cUy.jpg

Braved the plague today to go take a pre employment urine screen, as I've been in the process of switching jobs since right before all this started going nuts... initially they scheduled me for the local "medexpress" accute care clinic, which is also a local covid-19 testing place, so I politely refused and requested a change in venue, as I've been doing my due diligence to stay isolated. Thank goodness too, as the 2nd place was a small rural independent facility, one lady who was neurotic about limiting clients to one at a time, and disinfecting everything twice. Luckily I had already scheduled this whole week off as to not leave any vacation days on the books, and my current factory job has direct ties to big pharma, so they never shut down production as new orders pour in, 24/7 production keeps rolling... I've been home since sunday morning, due back on Monday, "yay".
My new job starts 4/13 and will be producing custom industrial belts and seals for everything from ATM's to airplanes, and their production is still 24/7 as well, so "yay" again. Although I am grateful for the opportunity to still work amidst this crisis.

Local county up to 12 official confirmed cases today, up from 4 yesterday.
Surrounding counties all starting to see similar spikes as well;
18 up from 6
33 up from 20
and 63 up from 22
So I'm fully expecting to see the exponential rises increase as NYC, NJ, and Philly, who are just starting to see the brunt of it right now, and getting exponentially worse themselves, are all just an earshot away, so it was bound to encroach closer and closer to home as time went on...

Be safe out there guys and gals!

Seems we should be eating more fiber if we need that much tp.

I hope people learn the lesson and use good sanitary practices and common sense from now on during every flu season.
Even though this is a virus as the flu is, it is not the same as the flu. This is a new infection, one humans have no antibodies for. This is why so many people have contracted it. What you state about washing hands is always a good practice. Whatever the season.

FWIW, I went with the Kizer today...
f0W7cUy.jpg

Braved the plague today to go take a pre employment urine screen, as I've been in the process of switching jobs since right before all this started going nuts... initially they scheduled me for the local "medexpress" accute care clinic, which is also a local covid-19 testing place, so I politely refused and requested a change in venue, as I've been doing my due diligence to stay isolated. Thank goodness too, as the 2nd place was a small rural independent facility, one lady who was neurotic about limiting clients to one at a time, and disinfecting everything twice. Luckily I had already scheduled this whole week off as to not leave any vacation days on the books, and my current factory job has direct ties to big pharma, so they never shut down production as new orders pour in, 24/7 production keeps rolling... I've been home since sunday morning, due back on Monday, "yay".
My new job starts 4/13 and will be producing custom industrial belts and seals for everything from ATM's to airplanes, and their production is still 24/7 as well, so "yay" again. Although I am grateful for the opportunity to still work amidst this crisis.

Local county up to 12 official confirmed cases today, up from 4 yesterday.
Surrounding counties all starting to see similar spikes as well;
18 up from 6
33 up from 20
and 63 up from 22
So I'm fully expecting to see the exponential rises increase as NYC, NJ, and Philly, who are just starting to see the brunt of it right now, and getting exponentially worse themselves, are all just an earshot away, so it was bound to encroach closer and closer to home as time went on...

Be safe out there guys and gals!

That’s the best local report I’ve read in these pages.

Last edited:
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective.................

Yeah... NO
Coronaviruses are enveloped, single-stranded RNA viruses, which means that their genome consists of a strand of RNA (rather than DNA)....

I live in a relatively remote area.
There are 7 confirmed COVID 19 cases in my county.
I anticipate an explosion of positive cases in the next week as more and more people get tested.

I’m a contractor for an “essential industry” as is my wife. There's a better than average chance I’ll be exposed. If exposed, my course will likely be self limited but there’s a guarantee it’ll cost me a month’s wages (I can’t work from home).

Same deal as a lot of you folks.

Been carrying my Umnumzaan Tanto this week.

Hope you all stay well and recover physically & financially.

What about ventilation systems?

Isolation rooms of CV patients were tested pre- and post- cleaning. Among other places, the virus was found in the ventilation fan.

So, when we go to the supermarket (where possibly 1 or more employee tested positive), and although they practice distancing, cleaning, etc., how do we know that the HVAC system is clean?

This question applies to all scenarios where we try to wash hands and follow guidelines. The Marriott longwarf (biogen conference CV locus) CLOSED for cleaning, not like overnight cleaning in a supermarket.

ETA: the virus was found 17 days later on the cruise ship (pre-cleaning).

Coronavirus and other virus families have been co-evolving with bats for the entire span of human civilization, 5000 years, ...maybe longer. So their immune systems have also evolved to repair cell damage to fight off viruses. Bats have a little head start. But when these viruses leap into a new species pangolin or civet or human, the results are severe. I am still trying to figure out what is needed...containment or mitigation? Maybe I need a PHD.

Back