BladeForums has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards threats of violence & extremism. Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me why "Post Trump America" is so traumatizing to see.
I didn't know you were so pro Trump ;)
I was going to say if the existence of the president’s name on a knife forum is all it takes to send someone over the edge, I don’t know what can reasonably be done to accommodate that person.

You circled the words, not me. If those three words didn’t offend you, why did you use them as the example? o_O

Please tell me why "Post Trump America" is so traumatizing to see.
I didn't know you were so pro Trump ;)
Is that not a thread from the PA visible on both the front page and a New Posts search? I rest my case, stop badgering me because that happened to be the one at the time of screenshot.

Ffs he wasn't saying Post Trump America was specifically offensive, he's highlighting how the PA forum pops up where many can see it.
Exactly.

This is called moving the goalposts. I was responding to a member's claim he was offended, not that he was the forum's legal counsel worried about de-platforming. You let the owners and management worry about that.
Are the Mods putting the platform at risk? One of the Mods has been a lawyer for 40 years. Do tell us what the legal limits of liability and de-platforming are. We'd be happy to hear your learned Opinion.

Nobody wants to put the forum at risk. If that's your real concern, suddenly, then it's unfortunately a legitimate one and yes, the Mods have been trying to keep things in control. But if you are serious, and intelligent, you have to consider the issues. Where the line will be drawn we really don't know. What is Twitter's line? Does anyone really know? And if the line is illegitimate do we want to acquiesce to that? And what about the next line? You have to take your view on freedom of speech and the legitimate boundries and stick to principle, or eliminate it entirely, to the smug satisfaction of some. Promoting violence is fairly obviously not allowed and we have new clarifications of guidelines, which is good. But censorship for political opinions or statements of grievences? Not speaking freely because somebody doesn't like what you say, and doesn't have to hear you? Sorry, no arguments have been made to address those issues. Just claims of bias and insults like shameful
I’m not the one that decides the boundaries, or if those boundaries are fair, but it’s the mods’ job to know where they are and keep content within them. Just look at the news to see where those boundaries are. Just because you think a boundary is arbitrary won’t stop action.

And I would be eager to hear the opinion of the 40+ year lawyer on some of the posts calling for, or glorifying violence or unrest. I’m sure they would share my opinion that it’s probably not a great look.

I’ve made my opinions known, I’m out of this thread. Here’s to hoping people make decisions in the best interest of the site, and not their own biases.

Some titles, but not that one, could be offensive just like seeing a WaPo or CBC headline, so I have to cincede that is a valid point. If they could come off the new posts that might be advisable if it really bothers people.

Ffs he wasn't saying Post Trump America was specifically offensive, he's highlighting how the PA forum pops up where many can see it.
Yes, to make a POINT that it is OFFENSIVE. He circled the words because they are what he chose to convey what he sees as offensive.
Don’t start backpedaling now.

Wrong again, Kenny...that was not my point.

Show me where I said they were offensive, I'll wait.
I don’t know why this is so difficult for you.

1.) I said you can’t see offensive content unless you go looking for it.
2.) You literally said “FALSE” and circled the words “Post Trump America”
3.) I said it was melodramatic
4.) Everyone popped in to run interference and help with backpedaling

What else is there to discuss?

I’m not the one that decides the boundaries, or if those boundaries are fair, but it’s the mods’ job to know where they are and keep content within them. Just look at the news to see where those boundaries are. Just because you think a boundary is arbitrary won’t stop action.

And I would be eager to hear the opinion of the 40+ year lawyer on some of the posts calling for, or glorifying violence or unrest. And I’m sure they would share my opinion that it’s probably not a great look.
You misunderstood. You were moving the goalposts by saying the issue was really about de-platforming rather than giving offence.
Yes, Mods determine the boundaries in consultation with other Mods and Supers and trying to apply the rules to tough situations.
There is no law against glorifying violence. There is no law against predicting violence or understanding why violence occurs or will occur. Jefferson did all of those. There is a law against threatening or planning or advocating violence and the PA, although this is not illegal, does not permit approval of violence, whether that is breaking into Congress or burning and looting Portland. That means we have better standards than the New York Times.

Again, if you’d care to read my previous comments, Spark has already addressed this and made it clear it won’t be tolerated. Why continue beating a dead horse? Never mind, don’t answer that. I can just go read all the pile-on comments that followed where people started ranting about how they don’t think politics should be discussed on a knife forum. The comments speak for themselves... and I know the play: some people want PA removed, and they think this is their opportunity to try and ram it through. It’s a little insulting that so many people think that the people that run this forum are that easily manipulated.

If you read my post, you'd understand* that I was speaking not just to posts made after his decree to the content that's already there. Have those been removed? Nope. They're still there, reflecting on the forum as a whole.

I was going to say if the existence of the president’s name on a knife forum is all it takes to send someone over the edge, I don’t know what can reasonably be done to accommodate that person.

And since you claim to have read Spark's post, maybe you should also read the one he made about this thread NOT being the place for political discussion.

FFS.

I don't care if you don't like that the forum is right leaning, left leaning, biased towards spaghetti. If you don't like the orientation, there's 10s of 1000s of sites out there where you can surround yourself with an echo chamber.

This is not a thread for you to argue whether PA will continue to exist. That's not up for debate.

This thread is stating, unequivocally, that threats of violence & extremism will not be tolerated, period.

If you want to complain about the makeup of the mod team, I'll start another thread about it. You guys WILL CONFINE YOURSELF TO THE STATED TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, IN THIS THREAD.

FFS.

I don't care if you don't like that the forum is right leaning, left leaning, biased towards spaghetti. If you don't like the orientation, there's 10s of 1000s of sites out there where you can surround yourself with an echo chamber.

This is not a thread for you to argue whether PA will continue to exist. That's not up for debate.

This thread is stating, unequivocally, that threats of violence & extremism will not be tolerated, period.

If you want to complain about the makeup of the mod team, I'll start another thread about it. You guys WILL CONFINE YOURSELF TO THE STATED TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, IN THIS THREAD.

Spaghetti is awesome.

Really? You’re going to invoke the “he said no politics” when you’re friend is the one that brought it into the conversation by posting screenshots of the offensive last name?

“Rules for me but not for thee”?

Are you really going to hold me accountable for the actions of someone else (one's you're obviously misinterpreting)? Should I hold you accountable for posts made by "you're" (sic) friends? Or should continue to hold people accountable for their own actions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back