BladeForums has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards threats of violence & extremism. Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re going to talk about “vocal minorities that don’t reflect the rest of the board”, one would presume you’re using the majority as a consensus to try and get your way.

Understood?
Please stop using “presume” when you respond to me, you’re all over the place. I haven’t coordinated with anyone else on this board about the PA. There are no posts, no DMs, and no evidence (Lmao, I will recognize that lack of evidence doesn’t mean anything to you ;)).

What it comes down to is that I don’t want you and your wild theories messing this board up for the rest of us. If you’re not here to discuss knives, I hear that parler is back up and running.

from outside looking in, not knowing any of you. It appears that some just don't like seeing things that they don't like. Don't engage then. Reading how an adult is mad that he "reports" others is kinda silly. Its clearly a left vs right thing. I have had a paid membership in the past, will likely again, I check out new stuff and the exchange pretty regularly. I never knew there was a political forum. So its not as glaring as some are trying to portray. Don't threaten others and we're all good. Ignore what you don't like. Theres no victims that I can see here. Hope everyone enjoys the start of 2021.I hope Bladeforums doesn't get messed with. I enjoy it.

Have I missed something, or have there been any calls for violence on BF? It is quite sad that normal people on normal websites feel the need to start preemptively cowering and apologizing as if we are evildoers, just because the loony left is trying to (fascistically through threats and intimidation) erase all contrary political and social views from the arena of public discourse.

from outside looking in, not knowing any of you. It appears that some just don't like seeing things that they don't like. Don't engage then. Reading how an adult is mad that he "reports" others is kinda silly. Its clearly a left vs right thing. I have had a paid membership in the past, will likely again, I check out new stuff and the exchange pretty regularly. I never knew there was a political forum. So its not as glaring as some are trying to portray. Don't threaten others and we're all good. Ignore what you don't like. Theres no victims that I can see here. Hope everyone enjoys the start of 2021.I hope Bladeforums doesn't get messed with. I enjoy it.
Well said, brother. Unfortunately the issue here is that people are trying to censor the forum, but pontificating on the dangers of political extremism to achieve their goals. If “new threads” is really that triggering... fine, no complaints. But it wouldn’t end there. You give that mouse a cookie, it’s going to demand a glass of milk.

QAnon / conspiracy garbage is something that started on role playing sites, then mutated into a bizarre mix of fantasy, fact and fiction once a few people started taking it way too seriously. If there are people on the Right and the Left that don't have a firm grip on reality, I fail to see what that has to do with BF or any of its subforums.

What I do see is that certain people and groups want to use censorship and political correctness to shut down free speech in America. That doesn't have much to do with BF, actually, because there's no right to free speech in Spark's house. His house, his rules.

I don’t think anyone in here would want this community to become infected with that QAnon / conspiracy garbage that will absolutely bring the hammer down from web service hosting and negative perceptions of this place - as it should.

Have I missed something, or have there been any calls for violence on BF? It is quite sad that normal people on normal websites feel the need to start preemptively cowering and apologizing as if we are evildoers, just because the loony left is trying to (fascistically through threats and intimidation) erase all contrary political and social views from the arena of public discourse.
You have and there are.

This thread has now turned into an extension of the PA. Hopefully the mods and Spark do the right thing to keep bladeforums about knives and online. I'm done responding here.

Wow! So "Post-Trump America" is not a valid subject for a political subforum? Seriously? I think that regardless of what one's political views are - or even if someone is apolitical - objecting to a thread title of "Post-Trump America" in a political forum is a riduculous... what should the title of a thread be: "How Not to Offend Snowflakes for Fun and Profit"?

QAnon / conspiracy garbage is something that started on role playing sites, then mutated into a bizarre mix of fantasy, fact and fiction once a few people started taking it way too seriously. If there are people on the Right and the Left that don't have a firm grip on reality, I fail to see what that has to do with BF or any of its subforums.

What I do see is that certain people and groups want to use censorship and political correctness to shut down free speech in America. That doesn't have much to do with BF, actually, because there's no right to free speech in Spark's house. His house, his rules.
The threats are there... at this point people are basically saying “watch your back”... I think there are those among us that will probably make it their mission to burn the place down if they can’t get their way. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are people here posting in this thread that are actively reporting on us to big brother.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Wow! So "Post-Trump America" is not a valid subject for a political subforum? Seriously? I think that regardless of what one's political views are - or even if someone is apolitical - objecting to a thread title of "Post-Trump America" in a political forum is a riduculous... what should the title of a thread be: "How Not to Offend Snowflakes for Fun and Profit"?
As others and myself have pointed out, the thread title was not the point...politics being displayed without searching was the point. Stop trying to change the subject.

Certain voices claim that mods and participants in the PA forum have a strong bias and are intolerant of other views...

What about the posters who come in with the intent and purpose of trying to provoke strong responses?

Like the one who posted:

"You need to get Trump's c-ck out of your mouths!"

Except they didn't replace the o with a dash, as I did. There are those who are trying to get the PA forum shut down, that post things like that with the intent of provoking "offensive" replies, and angering the mods.

As others and myself have pointed out, the thread title was not the point...politics being displayed without searching was the point. Stop trying to change the subject.
No one is “changing the subject”, you alluded to being offended by the thread title. But let’s put that aside.
IF you didn’t see the topics in “new posts”, I seriously doubt you’d pack it up and head home. The end-goal for some of you is censoring politics completely from this forum. I don’t think you’ll stop if you were given an inch.

Certain voices claim that mods and participants in the PA forum have a strong bias and are intolerant of other views...

What about the posters who come in with the intent and purpose of trying to provoke strong responses?

Like the one who posted:

"You need to get Trump's c-ck out of your mouths!"

Except they didn't replace the o with a dash, as I did. There are those who are trying to get the PA forum shut down, that post things like that with the intent of provoking "offensive" replies, and angering the mods.
Good point. People go there and unload the potty mouth on the participants and then when the mods scold them they run away screeching about “biased mods”. I know for a fact that they enforce the rules fairly and objectively. Ask me how I know.

I'm not trying to change the subject. I think it's fine if the decision is made to not to display thread titles. In fact, it's Spark's board, I'm fine with whatever his decision is.

Speaking of changing the subject, what kinds of embellishment services do you offer? I've got a couple of Hinderers I might want to add a little zing to. I thought I'd get your info now before someone who disagrees with your positions tries to shut you down and get you 'cancel cultured'. I mean, if the foot's on the other shoe...

Last edited:
No one is “changing the subject”, you alluded to being offended by the thread title. But let’s put that aside.
IF you didn’t see the topics in “new posts”, I seriously doubt you’d pack it up and head home. The end-goal for some of you is censoring politics completely from this forum. I don’t think you’ll stop if you were given you an inch.
That's your opinion, you don't speak for my end goal...I would be perfectly happy for the PA to be invisible just like W&C as I have been advocating along with others for years. Stop attempting to put words in my mouth.

That's your opinion, you don't speak for my end goal...I would be perfectly happy for the PA to be invisible just like W&C as I have been advocating along with others for years. Stop attempting to put words in my mouth.
I wasn’t born yesterday. Battles like this have been going on for years. Some of you are all over the place.
“Ban politics”
“Don’t ban it, but remove from new posts”
“Add left leaning mods”
“Put it on a cool down”

No one is forcing any of you to go look at that content. Heck, I don’t even read 95% of this forums posts. Why can’t you just ignore it? Are you really that tempted to look that you can’t control your own actions? Exercise a little self control instead of putting that responsibility on the rest of us.

Just because you, in your ignorance, think this to be the case, that does not make it true.

Does that qualify as a personal insult? That is against the rules, I believe, all across BF, including the PA forum.

And when people here are promoting and/or celebrating calls to violence, threats of government overthrow, calls for coup or terrorism or other extremism, that reflects on the forum as a whole

I participate in PA and I don't see anybody promoting or celebrating calls to violence or making threats. What I see are strong opinions that somebody could INTERPRET that way. Just like somebody could interpret this thread as calling for censorship, repealing the First Amendment, cancel culturing everyone who doesn't agree with them.... but that doesn't make it true - does it?

Aren't those wanting the PA forum to be removed from this forum just expressing their opinion? Or does that mean that they are truly calling for censorship and trying to take away other people's First Amendment rights? I don't think that is the case at all... but it could be understandable if someone interpreted it that way, in their own personal judgement and bias.

Well said, brother. Unfortunately the issue here is that people are trying to censor the forum, but pontificating on the dangers of political extremism to achieve their goals. If “new threads” is really that triggering... fine, no complaints. But it wouldn’t end there. You give that mouse a cookie, it’s going to demand a glass of milk.

Yeah, those knife people are going to be coming for the axe sub-forum next!

This is the truth! The most controversial posts I've ever seen in PA (outside of trollers accusing forum members of disgusting sex acts) were people posting Thomas Jefferson quotes. That's where we gotten to in today's world. Our Founding Fathers would be banned from public discourse if they were alive today.

If Jefferson were a member and wrote about blood of patriots and a little revolt is necessary he'd be banned from Facebook and cancelled, and his comments at the PA would have to be scrubbed. Sorry. I wouldn't scrub Jefferson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back