Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

Also with the Forum knife came these 2 tickets :) It's been a great week so far.:)

U3Obirx.jpg

Got it today. Thanks Barry and Charlie (& Sarah) and everyone involved. I prefer polished bolsters and put the strop to it immediately. To me, the Barlow is all about the bolster, and I think the satin finish takes away from it.

P8230005.jpg

Got it today. Thanks Barry and Charlie (& Sarah) and everyone involved. I prefer polished bolsters and put the strop to it immediately. To me, the Barlow is all about the bolster, and I think the satin finish takes away from it.

View attachment 754906

That looks knice with the polished bolsters like that. My other Forum Barlow has polished NS bolsters IIRC and every time I put it in my pocket I'd have to polish it up with my Mothers Mag polish. I looks so good with that deep polish and the way it reflects but I'm lookin' forward to seein' how the satin finish holds up on the bolsters as they are. Nice buff job BTW :)

Thanks! I use a pocket sheath unless it's by itself. I'm afraid I baby my knives.

Thanks! I use a pocket sheath unless it's by itself. I'm afraid I baby my knives.

I have my Pearl William Henry in a leather slip case and my custom slipjoints of a few of my nicer more expensive traditionals but my work knives, like my Case Camper, or even my forum knives get tossed in pocket after the honeymoon period. That space in time when I try to take as many pictures of it while brand spankin' new. After it's first scratch or ding it rides with the rest of the detritus in my pocket bottom.

I have been makin' slip sheaths for many more of my knives than normal, not so much to baby them but make them easier to find in my pocket bottom. Here's the 2015 Traditional forum's knife, the CSC Serpentine Shadow Jack with Birdseye pivots I carry in a double carry slip sheath with my Lone Wolf/Loveless City knife.

IY5eHCj.jpg

I have my Pearl William Henry in a leather slip case and my custom slipjoints of a few of my nicer more expensive traditionals but my work knives, like my Case Camper, or even my forum knives get tossed in pocket after the honeymoon period.
I totally get where you're coming from. BUT I like the slips because they keep my knife upright in my pocket. I can't stand it when they go sideways! I'm a big fan of the slips @knifeswapper has made/sells, personally. Don't take up much room and are super nice. And durable.

Mine was in the P.O. box today. This might be my new favorite EDC. I really like this one. Thanks to everyone involved in the process for making this happen.

I have had a lot of traditional knives come and go in my collection in the past few years, but this one isn't going anywhere. This blade is one that I will cherish for a long time to come. I truly appreciate the amount of work that was put into this knife. Logistically my mind is blown at how one man got all these shipped so fast! THANKS again to @gunstockjack! It was also awesome to find out that @gunstockjack lived in the same small California town that I grew up in. A huge thanks to waynorth waynorth for letting us, use his mythical TC Barlow as a pattern for the forum knife. Yesterday, when my 7 year old son saw the forum knife he said, "OHHHHH I want that one!" I told him one day you can have this one...He has already claimed dibs on a couple of my traditional blades!

Last edited:
I have had a lot of traditional knives come and go in my collection in the past few years, but this one isn't going anywhere. This blade is one that I will cherish for a long time to come. I truly appreciate the amount of work that was put into this knife. Logistically my mind is blown at how one man got all these shipped so fast! THANKS again to @gunstockjack! It was also awesome to find out that @gunstockjack lived in the same small California town that I grew up in. A huge thanks to waynorth waynorth for letting us, use his mythical TC Barlow as a pattern for the forum knife. Yesterday, when my 7 year old son saw the forum knife he said, "OHHHHH I want that one!" I told him one day you can have this one...He has already claimed dibs on a couple of my traditional blades!

Barry has a stash of elves locked in his basement to help with quality checks and label application.

Sweet!!! Love me a quality, thin, and pinchable blade. Wasn't exactly sure how I would feel about covers. But now in-hand, I absolutely love them. My first TC, and it's simply amazing. Thank you to everyone that had their hand in making this happen.

Edit to add pics:

4rtkiq.jpg

v5ld6x.jpg

izw183.jpg

2z53a74.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to miss this one. I was thinking Sept, and then I saw it is all over... Way to go for those that got one. My first and second knife was a Barlow.

Mine got here a couple of days ago. Was thinking I'd probably give it away, but since it is smaller (thinner and shorter) than I imagined it would be, which, for me is a very good thing, this will be a keeper. As far as I can tell it is flawless.

My resolution this year was been to off load slip joints and only procure fixed blades, scout patterns, and the BF knife of the Year. This is the only pocket knife I've bought this year, and I can't think of as better purchase I could have made.
BF%25202017.JPG

I missed out this year but the knives look great! I hope to see pictures of users in the future.

Tick tock...tick tock...the BF knife is up for purchase at gunstockjack's store... it is 12.12pm PDT, and still available after 12 minutes it went on sale. Grab it now, or grab it never! :)

Had one in the cart just now at gunstock jacks but got sniped :(

Congrats on everyone who got in on this run, it's a really cool set up.

Wish I'd gotten in on these, I think the nail nick and micarta make it a very practical (and therefore traditional) barlow. However, it is the forum knife and I was not active on the forum when it was being set up, so I am alright with not getting one. Even the dealer price was a little much, considering it was more than the normal run of TCs. I do think it will calm down, considering it was such a big run.

Is the "Limited Production Run" on the label a bit tongue in cheek, being that it is by far the largest TC run and one of the top probably 5 largest runs GEC has done in general?

They've all looked great, I think everyone who contributed helped put together a great product. GEC and waynorth waynorth always are a superb duo!

Back