Bladeforums Supporting Clone Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got Craig Majors spamming General Forum about knives and posting links.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...y-being-cloned-or-just-a-cheap-brand.1765877/
You can remove those links, but you won't be removing any topomart's link as they are supporting vendor. That's the perspective.
Any dhgate store can come here and become supporting member and just post a link to their site saying we have great products come look. By logic so far i can see that if they carry and sell blatant clone on their site its totally fine with blade forums.

Also the more you talk about these supporting members and post more opinions about them (edit: in their threads), the more you will be helping them with their Google searches.

Last edited:
You got Craig Majors spamming General Forum about knives and posting links.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...y-being-cloned-or-just-a-cheap-brand.1765877/
You can remove those links, but you won't be removing any topomart's link as they are supporting vendor. That's the perspective.
Any dhgate store can come here and become supporting member and just post a link to their site saying we have great products come look. By logic so far i can see that if they carry and sell blatant clone on their site its totally fine with blade forums.

Also the more you talk about these supporting members and post more opinions about them, the more you will be helping them with their Google searches.
Actually I splashed that roughly 8 minutes prior to your post.

All this and the site is still not working.. Maybe some day...

I haven't bothered to plow through all this but would certainly think twice before re-upping if true. Will stay posted.

No idea what this means, but it looks like you took care of business. I appreciate you doing what you do; splash, drizzle, downpour or otherwise.

I haven't bothered to plow through all this but would certainly think twice before re-upping if true. Will stay posted.

always a good idea to check in on the things you’re spending money on. I hope you find your mind put at ease.

To Spark’s credit, he’s cooking up something that I see as an excellent compromise.

I’m in awe by how this discussion has unraveled.

Spark Spark you and I don’t know each other, but I feel compelled to voice my thoughts and concerns. I hope you take the opportunity to digest the following before passing judgement and handing out further demerits.

I will begin by saying that the insinuations regarding you and your business practice(s) as a result of Topomart being allowed the purchase of a dealer membership was unjust and uncalled for. However, from experience, people tend to speculate and formulate ideas when they lack clarity. I believe there were quite a few pages of posts prior to your engagement and honestly, by that time, people were fueling each other’s concerns/notions/positions. It’s common for human beings to jump to conclusions when they aren’t provided answers they seek. That was definitely the case here since people were essentially dumbfounded by how Topomart — an online retailer with a portfolio of products that reflects that of clones — were still allowed to maintain their presence on BF. Mix that with the stigma and perceptions amongst this industry and the dedicated members on clones,....well, ultimately people are confused. People sought your advisement and stance and expected you to react by banning Topomart. When you finally chimed in and confirmed your stance, majority of us were flabbergasted. How could he be so lenient on Topomart when BF and it’s members have always fought against clones? Why are we waiting for Topomart to violate the rules before taking action? You provided arguments that didn’t seem consistent with the questions that were being raised by this community: BF can’t control what happens outside of BF, BF can’t police external activities, where do we draw the line,.....etc. I didn’t see any instance where we asked you to play the superhero and govern all that is unethical or illegal — within nor outside of BF. Frankly, there are much bigger problems in society than Topomart holding a dealer membership. Yet, those problems are not causing the friction within this community. Members here are simply asking you to consider what the repercussions are and may become by not scrutinizing Topomart’s affiliation with BF. Waiting for Topomart to violate any rule(s) before pursuing them further would be like dismissing preventive healthcare and going to the doctor’s when something has already gone awry. Even with all this, it’s ultimately your decision and that’s that. I’m not even here to argue your decision, regardless of whether I agree. My next body of writing is about your decision to put @Fullflat and @Sharp & Fiery on 1-month time-outs.

I can’t speak too much on S&F, but from my daily involvement within the EDC XIII thread, he seems like a legit member and an individual worth getting to know. @Fullflat, on the other hand, has become one of my closest friends within a little over a year of acquaintance. He’s that guy that stands up and speaks out when he senses injustice and is one of the most considerate people I know. I’m not necessarily saying you were unjust for how you’ve reacted to the direct comments you may have interpreted as slandering and disrespectful, but I must say it’s evident by your exercise of authority via pulling your rank that you may have allowed your emotions to demonstrate what some may see as hubris. As the owner of this site, I would expect you to hold yourself to a higher standard of conduct. I say this because BF is first and foremost a business. And as with any business, how the owner conducts themselves goes a long way. I’m already expecting backlash from this post, but I hope I was able to bring to your attention what may have been overlooked.

No idea what this means, but it looks like you took care of business. I appreciate you doing what you do; splash, drizzle, downpour or otherwise.

always a good idea to check in on the things you’re spending money on. I hope you find your mind put at ease.

To Spark’s credit, he’s cooking up something that I see as an excellent compromise.
See post #489

You showing off how fast you are or pointing out how slow I am?
Great job nonetheless, but let's also acknowledge the forum members who reported it and made you aware.
This hasn't taken anything away from my original point. Not sure what point you were trying to make.

I’m in awe by how this discussion has unraveled.

Spark Spark you and I don’t know each other, but I feel compelled to voice my thoughts and concerns. I hope you take the opportunity to digest the following before passing judgement and handing out further demerits.
[words]
See folks, that's how you render constructive criticism. I'm only banning you for 29 days instead of a month.

j/k

Last things first; I'll put it succinctly: they got off light with a 1 month timeout. Fullflat in particular should be counting his blessings as he was given lots of rope.

As for the rest, IDC what justifications people want to make for their behavior. I probably should have just immediately banned each person who made allegations of bribery and started handing out infractions immediately instead of letting you guys build up a head of steam before I stepped back in again. I'll call that a failure to maintain standards on my part

I figured my post on page 15 would be ample warning that playtime was at an end. That was another failure on my part as some clearly ignored those signals and I should have spelled it out in black & white.

Other parties have made it very clear that they are here to stir the pot & cause trouble whenever possible. That's also their prerogative.

I have a bigger picture to contend with than you folks. So when I ask questions and raise hypotheticals, it's because I'm examining the demands you guys are making, what they'll entail for us, the work load they'd require, and whether it's rational, feasible, or worth entertaining. Some are. Some aren't.

On the first page of this thread I stated outright that clones are not allowed to be sold here. That hasn't changed. Posting screenshots of what some dealer has on their website is irrelevant to that discussion. Them posting links to specific clones on their website is forbidden. Should they choose to offer non-clones, great. Should they choose to keep their entire catalog as counterfeits & knockoffs, then they've effectively made a $350 gift to the forums for no tangible benefit other than keeping our doors open.

They've been given plenty of rope. They are at the end of it. As are some of you.

You mentioned considering the repercussions which is ironic considering that's the exact point I have made repeatedly, which has been ignored. So it goes.

We cannot police what people sell on their sites. That's not our job or place. We can only control what's sold here on the forums. Selling of clones on the forums is not tolerated. Selling outside the exchange areas is not tolerated.

AYFKM. How about you GFY dude? I don't know what's more tasteless, the implied antisemitism, or that you view yourself as some version of Jesus.

I'm neither a Nazi nor David Koresh.
This post was made when Topomart still had listings for clones on their ad page. They have since been removed. When I first saw this thread and reviewed the ads, I couldn't help but feel a sense of betrayal. After reading threads regarding clones and the passionate members of this community that speak against clones, yes, that was the first thing that came to mind. I guess I could have referenced Caesar as the subject of the metaphor.
I see this comment has been referred to more than once. The intent was not to insult your integrity or your decisions, but it has, and for that, I truly apologize for the post that offended you.
Every thread I've ever read about clones or Strider becomes a dumpster fire and either the thread is shut down or abandoned. It's a reflection on BFC's stance on clones and thieves. It's those passionate members of this community that demand the line that has been drawn, remains where it's at.
On the desk of one of my bosses, he has this on a whiteboard : The biggest concern for any organization should be when their most passionate people become quiet.
Someone made a remark about background checks. Is it possible to delay the dealer membership fees for a few days to give the staff a chance to determine if new or existing dealers fit in with the existing community of BFC ?

Someone made a remark about background checks. Is it possible to delay the dealer membership fees for a few days to give the staff a chance to determine if new or existing dealers fit in with the existing community of BFC ?

Sure it's possible, but if we're going to start getting into "community standards" then that's another rabbit hole. Like I said elsewhere, a lot of you are really mad that a knockoff dealer signed up using the automated system.

I can't imagine the amount of craziness that will occur if I start rolling out "BladeForums.com Community Approved Dealers" or similar and then one of them has a bad month where their dog dies, spouse leaves them, they turn to the bottle or needle, & crater their business. Someone else pointed out how mad people get if a package takes 3 days or if the knife they receive isn't perfectly centered and I'm entirely uninterested in being a punching bag for that sort of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back