BladeHQ Exclusive Military in M4 & Jade G10

5-by-5 5-by-5 I kinda like that. Is that a forced patina? and if so what did you use? Looks cool
Yellow mustard on two moist sponges. It would have looked a bit better if I had used alcohol to clean the blade. I just used dish soap.

Just bought one off blade hq. hoping to let this guy patina naturally over time without any rust issues. Love this steel.

Looking forward to it.

5-by-5,
Love that tiger stripe effect goin' on! Is that the same knife as the one with French's?
Also, what is that bottle opener/wrench thingy, and where can I get one!

5-by-5,
Love that tiger stripe effect goin' on! Is that the same knife as the one with French's?
Also, what is that bottle opener/wrench thingy, and where can I get one!
Yes same knife.

J. Woytaz knives. Pry tool

Thank you!
That patina really speaks to me.
Did you do anything special to get the parallel lines or was it just happenstance?
I always make the mistake of covering it to much. So the first application only resulted in dark specks. The second app I used a two inch piece of paper and dabbed mustard in stripes. You have to leave blade surface exposed to allow oxygen access. Thinner and spread thin allows the mustard to dry though. Tougher to clean off without rubbing patina off too.

Anyone else notice the spyderco logo is higher up the blAde towards the spine? I think it looks better that way.

Anyone with any use and updates? I just picked one of these up and am surprised I waited so long! My Millie collection is growing rather fast!

Anyone with any use and updates? I just picked one of these up and am surprised I waited so long! My Millie collection is growing rather fast!
One of my very favorite KNIVES and my only Military . . . with . . . my favorite steel M4.
I would only change it by adding a Para 2 in same handle and steel to keep it company.
MiliNatchM4 says "It's lonely at the top".

PS: Updates . . . hmmm . . .
  • used it a bunch
  • wouldn't change a thing
  • enjoying the patina
  • love the steel for edge holding and sharpen ability (don't need any them nasty diamonds) (used the hell out of said nasty diamonds on S110V today)(prefer "real" stones).
  • enjoying the handle color; really like the way it looks with the silver hardware = space alien's EDC
  • prefer the handle shape to the Para 2; no bump underneath near blade; no dip cutout on top for release. (still really like the Para though)
  • Pocket clip on the Military perfect / flawless / did not have to tune it.
  • would buy this exact knife again in a heart beat ! ! ! !

One of my very favorite KNIVES and my only Military . . . with . . . my favorite steel M4.
I would only change it by adding a Para 2 in same handle and steel to keep it company.
MiliNatchM4 says "It's lonely at the top".

PS: Updates . . . hmmm . . .
  • used it a bunch
  • wouldn't change a thing
  • enjoying the patina
  • love the steel for edge holding and sharpen ability (don't need any them nasty diamonds) (used the hell out of said nasty diamonds on S110V today)(prefer "real" stones).
  • enjoying the handle color; really like the way it looks with the silver hardware = space alien's EDC
  • prefer the handle shape to the Para 2; no bump underneath near blade; no dip cutout on top for release. (still really like the Para though)
  • Pocket clip on the Military perfect / flawless / did not have to tune it.
  • would buy this exact knife again in a heart beat ! ! ! !

Awesome to hear! Let's see some pics of that beauty!

alas and alack . . . the ________(fill in Hunter S. Thompson derogatory phrase) PhotoSplucket has decided to end our partnership. At present I travel the universe without a photo App.
Sorry state of affairs I know.

alas and alack . . . the ________(fill in Hunter S. Thompson derogatory phrase) PhotoSplucket has decided to end our partnership. At present I travel the universe without a photo App.
Sorry state of affairs I know.

My wife and I have just spent about 2 weeks downloading all of our pics from PB. All 10K of them. I'm glad we got it done though, that would have been a lot of pictures lost....

You're gonna love it bro, everyone always says this buy for real the pictures don't do it justice. Its an awesome knife and cuts like a DEMON!!! The scales are really pretty with the satin blade, its just awesome. I too waited for a long time on this one but I'm glad I got one. Surprised they still have em, crazy

Back