BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

I didn't even notice the full title. Yes someone definitely got taken there. Some people have no morals. It's a shame.

You may think I'm crazy...just got one today...
Man it was a b..ch to force a patina...
Looks crazy but I'm gunna use it and would prefer as little rust as possible
this was lemon juice, vinegar and cold gun blue combo...
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, your pics didn't work.

The forced patina on this M4 won't look real strong at first, but it will darken over the next day or two, FYI.

The eBay post hasn't been edited, the pics have always been that way. You may have mistakenly seen the scales pictures in the "similar items" portion. Either way, if one was reading the title and didnt bother with the description, you would easily be taken. I think it's safe to assume this is the case for those who bid on the item until it was $170+. Even the description is very vague and made in a manner that it's purposely confusing. However, why even read the description when the title tells you all you need to know?
Anyways, as it pertains to fakes on the market, all they need is the blade markings and scales. So here is 50% of that equation. Buyer beware. I wouldn't trust too many of these knives in the coming weeks. Btw, it didn't take long at all for s110v counterfeits to hit the market. Oh also, this person has posted "Carbon fiber scales Limited Edition knifeworks pm2 m4 exclusive knife!" on eBay as well. As you can infer, it's just the cf scales, which are aftermarket and not factory (just the same as the jade scales in question) lol

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

i know this is a bit retarded i normally don't put too much stock into the idea that "holy shit this thing is sharp" but i'll be fucked if this bhq pm2 isn't the sharpest fucking knife straight from the factory i've ever touched, is this anything to do with the blade steel or just a particularly attentive sharpening job from spyderco?

what did you guys find with yours?

You may think I'm crazy...just got one today...
Man it was a b..ch to force a patina...
Looks crazy but I'm gunna use it and would prefer as little rust as possible
this was lemon juice, vinegar and cold gun blue combo...
View attachment 652747View attachment 652748

Whoa! That's a heavy patina...

My Gayle Bradley has such a light patina after years of use, you can still confuse it for stainless. I coated it once maybe twice with Tuff Glide in its life.

Whoa! That's a heavy patina...

My Gayle Bradley has such a light patina after years of use, you can still confuse it for stainless. I coated it once maybe twice with Tuff Glide in its life.

The gun blue will make the steel a LOT darker than any ketchup, mustard or vinegar will!

Been using the m4 in the kitchen all last week and the patina is slow going. It's has more of a dark galvanized look to it, with swirls of purple here and there....

IMG_3242_zpsasymfiid.jpg

IMG_3243_zpsmjlgoans.jpg

i know this is a bit retarded i normally don't put too much stock into the idea that "holy shit this thing is sharp" but i'll be fucked if this bhq pm2 isn't the sharpest fucking knife straight from the factory i've ever touched, is this anything to do with the blade steel or just a particularly attentive sharpening job from spyderco?

what did you guys find with yours?
It's the steel. The higher the carbide content the sharper the knife will feel because the carbide act as teeth. If you were to magnify the edge there would be thousands of tiny teeth on the edge. It's the powdered carbide dissolved in the steel. So generally more carbide = more cutting power. Whenever I look at steel I check 3 things: carbon content, more carbon = harder steel. Chromium, above 14% = stainless, under means not. Then carbide, molybdenum, vanadium, and tungsten = cutting power, wear resistance, and toughness. Sometimes I check cobalt, but that's a whole other story lol. Anyways, tungsten is the best cutting carbide out of the group, but it also makes the steel extremely brittle because it forms in large pieces which makes faults in the steel. However the cpm process helps with this, and whatever magical blend m4 has in it makes this stuff tough as hell with a massive tungsten content. So what you end up with is a ruthlessly sharp knife with extreme cutting power and wear resistance.I show new customers all the time how a low carbide carbon steel will cut paper all day long, but take it to a piece of paracord and jt just runs it over; whereas modern carbide steel cuts straight through time after time. Makes a lot of people switch from that cheap Chinese kershaw to a shiny new Benchmade ;)

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Will the stock sharpmaker angles be fine for this steel?

Absolutely. 30 degrees is more than enough; you could actually take it thinner with no issues depending on your use. For me, 30 degrees first with a diamond plate (slight re-profile) and ultimately ending with a light strop on unloaded leather and I have an edge that will take pretty much whatever I will throw at it and do so for a long time.

Anyone interested in selling their jade g10 handles I'm working on a project and need a spare pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok got bored so I pulled out some navy blue Rit and now have a like black/grey see through I'll post more pics tomorrow in the sun but came out sick, time to put an aggressive 15dps edge on it and the patina is locked in perfect, loving this knife and have a spare in the safe incase this one disappears and also broke down and have a KW cf m4 coming a swell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07bcfe5235f246100c336751469741c7.jpg

Last edited:
I like that. It looks a little longer than some of the others I have seen. What is it made out of and where may I ask did you get it?

It's titanium, I got it on amazon from a guy that makes them custom per order, he goes by blade4sell on Amazon. Just type in pm2 backspacer and several options pop up. I got the blue.

Sincerely,
Ego sum Chrysaora

Back