BladeHQ Para 2 exclusive M4 w/ Jade G10

Btw I removed my screw and it was held in with regular blue loctite. Maybe they ran out and switched to red? lol
The hole for the screw wasn't tapped properly which was causing the frame to be squeezed too tight and the blade wouldn't deploy smoothly at all. I widened the hole, and now the knife flows perfectly; however the hole is still off so my screw sticks out just a hair. I have bad luck with all my pm2 cuz they all end up being tight and needing adjustment lol

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just sharpened mine to 12.5 dps on an edge pro. Used a 140 grit diamond plate made for the edge pro and it chipped the heck out of the apex. Took a long time with a 220 edge pro stone to get them out but like how it finally came out. Now, should I put a 30 degree sharpmaker micro on it now or use it and hit it with the SM when it needs it?
ec6a317aa64740e48fca52456f219428.jpg

d43654a639a4de2731898a7296c604aa.jpg

Just sharpened mine to 12.5 dps on an edge pro. Used a 140 grit diamond plate made for the edge pro and it chipped the heck out of the apex. Took a long time with a 220 edge pro stone to get them out but like how it finally came out. Now, should I put a 30 degree sharpmaker micro on it now or use it and hit it with the SM when it needs it?
ec6a317aa64740e48fca52456f219428.jpg

d43654a639a4de2731898a7296c604aa.jpg

I use a 40 degree ceramic with my M4 in conjunction with the factory grind and have no issue getting it sharper than new after stropping.
So 30 degrees would work just fine I'd imagine.

i know this is a bit retarded i normally don't put too much stock into the idea that "holy shit this thing is sharp" but i'll be fucked if this bhq pm2 isn't the sharpest fucking knife straight from the factory i've ever touched, is this anything to do with the blade steel or just a particularly attentive sharpening job from spyderco?

what did you guys find with yours?
This was the case for me as well. Frankly, after receiving mine from another gracious member I really don't love the look of the Jade and shiny metal clip as much as I thought. I also don't really like patina so am not overly excited about the M4. Having said that - the fit and finish on this particular knife AND the freaking amazing sharp edge has me still gaga over it. It's unreal how nice of a job they did on this specimen. The blade is centered perfectly, it's smooth, the edge ... man, the edge ...

New CF scales for my Jade. Nice and smooth for casual carry, too smooth for work carry, I carry a CF Millie with the grippy stock scales for work, riding and camping. Did I mention I like CF, lol.
e73293cc689605125ddb3ed4bb619b5d.jpg

New CF scales for my Jade. Nice and smooth for casual carry, too smooth for work carry, I carry a CF Millie with the grippy stock scales for work, riding and camping. Did I mention I like CF, lol.
e73293cc689605125ddb3ed4bb619b5d.jpg
You should buy the knifeworks exclusive, I hear there's a few left. Same m4 pm2, but with *textured* carbon fiber handles. Best of both worlds for you 😊

You should buy the knifeworks exclusive, I hear there's a few left. Same m4 pm2, but with *textured* carbon fiber handles. Best of both worlds for you [emoji4]

Already bought one but no reason to use it as it's the same blade. I like the smooth glossy cf on a para2 for when I can't carry a 4" Millie. I have 5 users and probably just going to collect for a while now.

Last edited:
Got one but no reason to use it as it's the same blade. I like the smooth glossy cf for when I can't carry Millie. I have 5 users and probably just going to collect for a while.
Wish I could afford one. M4 is my favorite steel, and it really shines in the pm2

I want to publicly thank user bralexander for selling me his extra Jade M4 for actual price plus only shipping and PP fees. I received it today and it's already clip flipped and in my pocket.

I want to issue an apology here. I credited the incorrect username as to who sold me his extra knife. I had PMs from multiple users in my Inbox at the same time as I had other deals pending. I now can't tell who it really was that sold me the knife as my old PMs are now gone. I could search PayPal but it wouldn't tell me the username..

If it was you and you saw this and thought "what a dick" when I posted the wrong name I apologize. To you sir - thanks again.

I want to issue an apology here. I credited the incorrect username as to who sold me his extra knife. I had PMs from multiple users in my Inbox at the same time as I had other deals pending. I now can't tell who it really was that sold me the knife as my old PMs are now gone. I could search PayPal but it wouldn't tell me the username..

If it was you and you saw this and thought "what a dick" when I posted the wrong name I apologize. To you sir - thanks again.

Haha. No worries. I didn't think you were a dick, my thought was more like "lucky bastard got 2!!" In a friendly way of course.

Ok what's the most aggressive angle you guys are using I'm at 15 dps with a 20degree micro and holding strong no problems at all, thinking of going 12dps and a 17 degree micro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. No worries. I didn't think you were a dick, my thought was more like "lucky bastard got 2!!" In a friendly way of course.

Not at all - I had a deal going with bralexander on something else. I had his PMs saved along with yours and guess I got the usernames crossed up. Thanks again for not only allowing me your extra but for the fair deal. It's an amazing knife.

Ok what's the most aggressive angle you guys are using I'm at 15 dps with a 20degree micro and holding strong no problems at all, thinking of going 12dps and a 17 degree micro

I did mine at 12.5 with no problems yet. Stripped the plastic off a few 14g stranded wires a few days ago no damage to edge. Plan on 15dps micro when it needs it.

I did mine at 12.5 with no problems yet. Stripped the plastic off a few 14g stranded wires a few days ago no damage to edge. Plan on 15dps micro when it needs it.

Can you post a photo of the edge?

My pivots and other screws seem to be held in with a mix of red or blue loctite. Not too much an issue because they used a tiny amount but still very strange. It seems like they used red on one side of the pivot and nothing on the other side hmmm....

My pivots and other screws seem to be held in with a mix of red or blue loctite. Not too much an issue because they used a tiny amount but still very strange. It seems like they used red on one side of the pivot and nothing on the other side hmmm....

They likely used red on all of them and just did not get a good cure on some. It will eventually evaporate if it doesn't cure.

63 Pages! I'm lucky to have grabbed one of these Jade PM2's. I love the Jade handles and I'm looking forward to using this knife and watching the patina and handles gradually change color. Also, like those that RIT died that handles - I might do that. For the time being, I'm all set with a 'plain jane' black g10 and satin blade user that (i'm nice to) but use the hell out of and carry daily.

Extremely happy today, my almost perfect user m4 BHQ use to have lock stick and today I just noticed it's completely gone!! Blade drops free , zero play and not lock stick is gone! Idk just happy about it haha

I've noticed PM2 usually has a little stick before the stop pin and lock face/lock bar settle in and smooth out. I've had some that were amazing right off the bat but that's only about 25% of the time.

Back