Blades & Beef

Blades and beef:

This little guy wasn't gonna make it. He was abandoned by his mom and at one day old was about dead when we found him in the sage brush. Got some colostrum in him and some milk replacer and the wife here with her knife in her horizontal sheath saved the day. Took him to the house and bottle fed him twice a day.

mOmZe2y.jpg

Two months and a week later (last week) we turned him back out to hang with his cousins. He made it.
Too rare for me.

Two of my favorite things! Steak and knives.
ffIINcb.jpg
GCHXXwQ.jpg
qVZxxZN.jpg
Whoa!!! That’s the most perfectly done cut I think I’ve ever seen! ..and the prosciutto wrapped asparagus! I just ate, but now I’m hungry again. The Bradfords are looking good while they’re working too

Whoa!!! That’s the most perfectly done cut I think I’ve ever seen! ..and the prosciutto wrapped asparagus! I just ate, but now I’m hungry again. The Bradfords are looking good while they’re working too
Thanks! I cook the steaks in a sous vide to 129 and then sear them in a very hot carbon steel pan. The edges are seared with a blowtorch while in the pan. Perfect steaks every time!

Thanks! I cook the steaks in a sous vide to 129 and then sear them in a very hot carbon steel pan. The edges are seared with a blowtorch while in the pan. Perfect steaks every time!
Very cool! Great minds right!?.. I use a sous vide at 129 and a blowtorch to sear also, but do it while I’m working in the shop, so I gota use whatever’s handy ;)
D5E6117E-0857-464F-AEE6-FC16E6162814.jpeg 27932FCB-B971-4112-8CE4-B7E6F581BB5F.jpeg AE40E2FA-610D-4CCD-BEA8-06B9585787E7.jpeg 281FEC0F-B51E-45BC-9BB7-3D11DC7E1F7E.jpeg
(These are pics I posted a few months ago in the edc thread)

Branding time last spring on our place. Ribeyes for everybody, Cooky has the grill going and thats the beer wagon in the front:

yjqSkir.jpg

UnjcG5F.jpg

Before we eat, gotta get the work done. First go find em:

k6OKEYp.jpg

Now that we've found em gotta take em all the way down there:

5BN0vtk.jpg

Plenty of beef:

FJRlsRm.jpg

t9gkgFZ.jpg

Cut em:

450GJgd.jpg

Burn em:

W3NstCI.jpg

Shots and worming:

KTKxLjd.jpg

f0IynUP.jpg

Repeat till done then eat. Most important thing? bring the beer wagon from the corrals back to camp!

fC7uejp.jpg

Back