uWcm1Eb.jpg

QfNSaug.jpg

huzvH0G.jpg

nCzilv1.jpg

QIxIZzy.jpg

Got Branded and Beef too:

FTKeJio.jpg

tzxoxXk.jpg

Watching this thread last night made me so hungry...
I had my wife fix couple of steaks today. We usually do it on the Green Egg but we went the Lazy Route today. 🤣

AuXorG.jpg

kDNxn3.jpg

Old but good:

euCNIa.jpg

Last edited:
Wow - no posts here since Easter?! How did we get through the summer without a Beef & Blades update?

I hope you all had fun and celebrated National Knife Day yesterday. We pulled some steaks out of the freezer, baked some potatoes, some green beans, and homemade shortbread with homemade lemon icing for dessert.

1692988754920.jpeg

1692988786597.jpeg

Wow - no posts here since Easter?! How did we get through the summer without a Beef & Blades update?

I hope you all had fun and celebrated National Knife Day yesterday. We pulled some steaks out of the freezer, baked some potatoes, some green beans, and homemade shortbread with homemade lemon icing for dessert.

View attachment 2298764

View attachment 2298766

I think we didn‘t have as many because everyone was busy eating and had to put the camera and phones down. There are some great asado pics in the gaucho knife thread over in traditional section. Would love to see some Brasilian style cookouts and SW cookouts on the ranch. Horsewright has some good pics too if their crew feasting after a hard day’s work.

This is a customer supplied photo:

8QGjr2a.jpg

For our branding crew:

i2D680z.jpg

CaCkV8u.jpg

rhtliG5.jpg

Due to the heat (July) we started very early and consequently finished early. My crew had time to go home and clean up prior to dinner. Some of the crew:

StQRE11.jpg

cqXLH01.jpg

2MTfxiV.jpg

Zs81H0c.jpg

Brother Bill's "chuckwagon."

UN9Bu0B.jpg

A few more knives seen that day:

5kjxLSa.jpg

EJw6jEJ.jpg

v6GZ8ho.jpg

Barney don't mind scratches. He's a gentle giant at 2200 lbs.

eUvfnFr.jpg

Well time to ride off into the sunset:

1O05zuo.jpg

"Human"?😳
Looks tasty, don't really care how many legs it had.😉
Oh Lord autocorrect. But you know what, I'm gonna leave it be. I secretly want the psych ward to take me back. They had really good Soylent green steaks.

what is that big butcher knife in the first photo?
I call it the Competition Carver. I designed it for guys competing in the BBQ circuit at the request of several. It's really my take on the old Green River large butcher knife. The first three I ever made were in this batch:

2cG8d8S.jpg

8qMWHqK.jpg

The one with the dark green redwood burl on the right is the one with the brisket up above. Here's one I made for my DIL"s father:

LKXRf9y.jpg

mnbUTBF.jpg

B17K8rU.jpg

One in action. This is the one with elk on the left in the pics of the three together:

t2KocT6.jpg

g4cosLn.jpg

DB1bhhL.jpg

Back