Blades & Bourbon

What is all that stuff in the bourbon? And are those bubbles - did you put fizzy stuff in it, too? Where's the bottle so we know what you are drinking?
I won't be able to participate in this thread for a few more months...my taste buds seem to be affected by temperature, and bourbon just doesn't taste right to me in the summer. I'm on tequila until at least September.

Unless you don't mind recycled pics...that I can do.

Just because I'm a big bourbon fan (and I'll forget this is here by the time I'm drinking it again).

This is a different bourbon for sure. I haven't delved too far into it yet, but I get some popcorn notes, and then on the back taste a gummy peach candy flavor which is really good and wild. Unfortunately I still can't score any of Buffalo Trace's Antique collection which is high on my want list :D.

BTAC prices have gone crazy in the last couple of years. This year, the only places that had them near me had them listed at more than $500/bottle. I was paying $75-89 2 yrs ago at these same places. (They were even higher on Pappy - to the order of 10x retail. A representative suggested that I call the Attorney General regarding the price gouging)

BTAC prices have gone crazy in the last couple of years. This year, the only places that had them near me had them listed at more than $500/bottle. I was paying $75-89 2 yrs ago at these same places. (They were even higher on Pappy - to the order of 10x retail. A representative suggested that I call the Attorney General regarding the price gouging)

That's unfortunate. Around me we got so little they auctioned it off, and whatever went over retail they gave to charity.

I really want to order some Blantons Straight From The Barrel, but the journey over seas makes me nervous.

I've actually never tried Blanton's.
I'll shoot you a PM with a place I've had good experiences with.

I've actually never tried Blanton's.
I'll shoot you a PM with a place I've had good experiences with.

It's pretty good. It was my first bottle of bourbon. I've been enjoying E.H. Taylor Single Barrel, and switching from something like that to Blantons makes Blantons seem much "lighter" which is fine for summer :D.

I digress though. Good topic OP.

I do not have any bourbon on hand (because I think we can all agree, rye is better), but used cheap bourbon (it was bad, really bad, from back when I did not know better) to force a protective patina on my Boker Beer Barrel Whittler.

IMG_20150606_190849.jpg

Edit: Strange, my picture got cut off when I uploaded it to postimage.

JPM2 - that snot bourbon.
If you're going to post Jack, I might as well post tequila
Ok - just testing.
Not a bourbon drinker, but wanted to participate.
... whiskey is much closer to bourbon than tequila.

Back