Blades & Bourbon

One of the makers at blade had a bottle of that on his table. Cool Russian (maybe) dude. Nice knives too. He shared a shot with me. Very good stuff. Wish I had money left to buy one of his knives at that point lol.
Elijah Craig has been my go to for a while now. At under $50 / 1.75L it is a hard value to beat IMO. Stands up well against much more expensive bourbon.

FOvEYlW.jpg

I've never had their rye, and it's been 8 years since they stopped distributing near me, but I have very fond memories of their bourbon. My understanding was that BMH was part of Willet

https://i.imgur.com/O3A21we.jpg
Yes, their bourbon was fantastic when I last tried it 8-9 years ago. I think there were three different types. Found some Balcones at the same place. Will see what the hype is about.

Never been fond of Jim Beam brand bourbons until I tried Legent. Hopefully this was the young stuff they use for those weird apple and vanilla flavors.

Never been fond of Jim Beam brand bourbons until I tried Legent. Hopefully this was the young stuff they use for those weird apple and vanilla flavors.

Ever try Bakers? That's my hands down favorite of the various ones that stem from Jim Beam.

Well, every time I have a chance to drink local stuff that I like, I'd take it... :D
Again, it's a Rye, and IMO it's outstanding - looks like highly regarded online, Manifest brand, out of Jacksonville FL.
Only one online store sell it but I was able to find few bottles in the known alphabet liquor stores network, they did shipp them to the store next to me.
I'm good with excellent Rye for a long time... :thumbsup:

OsJOrG.jpg

Yep, Bakers, Basil Hayden, Booker’s...just not a fan *shrug*

What spirit do you go for instead? It is true that the whole high end Jim Beam line hits pretty similar notes throughout. I like it, but tend to go for Bulleit or Woodford more often these days, at least in that $25-$50 price range.

What spirit do you go for instead? It is true that the whole high end Jim Beam line hits pretty similar notes throughout. I like it, but tend to go for Bulleit or Woodford more often these days, at least in that $25-$50 price range.
I’m partial to Buffalo Trace and their related brands, especially Eagle Rare and Sazerac.

Back