Blades & Bourbon

Weller Single Barrel was just released last year for the first time. I was lucky enough to get one for $60 instead of the $700 they are selling for on the secondary. Definitely worth $60.

Did you open that bottle of Single Barrel knowing that it was worth $700? :eek:

Hope you are enjoying it if you did. Cheers! ;)

FWIW, I won't spend more than $500 on a knife and no more than $250 (so far) on wine or booze.

The thought of opening a bottle of anything worth $700 to drink is just beyond anything that I'd do, even if I spent only $60 for it. I think I'd offer it up for auction if that ever happens to me.

PS: Drove by my LLS today and picked up a couple more bottles of bourbon.

Barrel Bourbon 9 yr - Batch 24 (113.9 Proof)
Bulleit - Barrel Strength - Batch 2 (125.4 Proof)

Last edited:
last night at the little Bourbon get-together, we were handling sharp objects under influence.
Happy to report - nobody got hurt, not even a headache this morning... :D

U88XyA.jpg

Did you open that bottle of Single Barrel knowing that it was worth $700? :eek:

Hope you are enjoying it if you did. Cheers! ;)

FWIW, I won't spend more than $500 on a knife and no more than $250 (so far) on wine or booze.

The thought of opening a bottle of anything worth $700 to drink is just beyond anything that I'd do, even if I spent only $60 for it. I think I'd offer it up for auction if that ever happens to me.

PS: Drove by my LLS today and picked up a couple more bottles of bourbon.

Barrel Bourbon 8 - Batch 24 (113.9 Proof)
Bulleit - Barrel Strength - Batch 2 (125.4 Proof)
Ha no, I had a shot somewhere else. Most I've ever spent on a bottle is $150

This arrived today - 7 years old Saint Cloud, supposed to be rare bottle, anticipated and some how controversial,
given the history of the owner of the company...
They say it is sourced top shelf Bourbon from Kentucky, somebody hinting Knob Creek (?) which makes me very happy :D
Will try it with the rest of my Bourbon buddies this Friday.
Cheers !

MLQGqe.jpg

This arrived today - 7 years old Saint Cloud, supposed to be rare bottle, anticipated and some how controversial,
given the history of the owner of the company...
They say it is sourced top shelf Bourbon from Kentucky, somebody hinting Knob Creek (?) which makes me very happy :D
Will try it with the rest of my Bourbon buddies this Friday.
Cheers !

MLQGqe.jpg
The bourbon is ok, but the guy running the company is a scumbag.

The bourbon is ok, but the guy running the company is a scumbag.

Didn't know anything about it til I just Googled it.

If Ray Walker's method of "distribution" of St. Cloud is anything like it was w/Maison Ilan, it truly is a "rare" bottle.

LOL! ;)

I agree with both of you Gents, wasn't my choice to purchase it, in fact I got in to his mailing list before I researched the owner, after this, I lost interest of the product, it was too much of a marketing package and snobby advertising for me. My drinking buddies recently mention it and I told them that I can get a bottle of the 7 yo because the reviews were better than the first release. Will see what it is on Friday at our little get-together. I'd say - if it's sourced from a good Kentucky distillery, must be good, even I have nothing against the Indiana Bourbon, just to mention it. Will se, I'll keep you posted...

Sypderco Yojumbo with Barrel Bourbon 9 yr - Batch 24 (113.9 Proof) & Bulleit - Barrel Strength - Batch 2 (125.4 Proof)

h7tXATT.jpg

Bulleit is my favorite bourbon...mmmm...I’m out at the moment though. :/ Gonna have to remedy that.

last night at the little Bourbon get-together, we were handling sharp objects under influence.
Happy to report - nobody got hurt, not even a headache this morning... :D

U88XyA.jpg

Glad to hear it wasn’t a “band-aids & bourbon” party. ;)
Nice selection!

Marty, this WJ 10yo is delicious !

The spread from last night, 12yo JB is good, even low proof you can feel the alcohol in the front and back end but not bad overall.
The Saint Cloud was very, very good. With this said, I'd never pay another such price for it if this is sourced from a reputable distillery in Kentucky, the profile is very familiar but I can't put my finger on it for now. I believe this is high corn mashbill and any of the half price Knob Creek, high proof releases is in par with the taste of the Saint Cloud, so this is it for me with this bottle... :D

X0Mvrw.jpg

My Gen 2 S/S Spyderco Police "user" & an unopened can of StillHouse (coffee bean finished) Black Bourbon.

One of the few bourbons that I now consider one of my "favorites" out of the many that I have purchased/tasted so far. Bought this can after finishing another.

StillHouse is cheap but the coffee beans provide a really smooth finish that allows this very young bourbon to be savored neat.

eMEvaOw.jpg

Last edited:
. . . WJ 10yo is delicious!

IDK.

Widow Jane just seems "ok' to me, which I why I'm trying to finish it off.

No plans to buy any more of it. Just going thru the bottles to decide which I want to keep (& buy more) or just finish off to make more space on my liquor shelves for others.

WJ10 is one of the latter.

Last edited:
Back