Blades upon Books - Traditionals

Nice GT. With your influence this Summer, I finished the Foundation Trilogy yesterday. I plan to read the other four as well, but taking a bit of a break with another trilogy first :)
Very cool, Mike. :cool::cool: I've been very impressed with the way Asimov wrote some of his later novels in a way to tie together the Robot short stories and novels with the original Foundation trilogy. I don't know if I'd have noticed that without my "project" this summer of reading all those works in "fictional chronological order".

I'm not familiar with V.E. Schwab and her magic trilogy; looks like something I should check out sometime! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You mentioned taking a break from Asimov. Here's a book sitting on my shelf for my next break:
game.of.snipers.jpg
I'm not a gun guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm a devoted reader of Hunter's Swagger novels, with heroes from 4 generations of the family! :eek::D:thumbsup: The novels aren't of all consistently high caliber :rolleyes:, but most of them are very entertaining.

- GT

img_7689.jpg

View attachment 1196693

Caption says "Monsieur Benaïer Moussa, knife grinder at Bordj Mensiel" with the ubiquitous Citroën C4. From Days of Kabilia.
The guy who used to run the Knife Cave in Marshall, Michigan, now sharpens knives from a van. Or did last i knew.

Oops, book.
cSB7Pl4.jpg

Some survival types say there isn't enough nutrition in mushrooms to worry about which are edible. So they should be a good diet food.

The guy who used to run the Knife Cave in Marshall, Michigan, now sharpens knives from a van. Or did last i knew.

Oops, book.
cSB7Pl4.jpg

Some survival types say there isn't enough nutrition in mushrooms to worry about which are edible. So they should be a good diet food.
When I was a child, I remember the knife grinder yelling "REEEEEEEEMMOULEUR!" as he was passing the street, with his stone on a hand cart he pulled with the help of a (poor) dog. My grandma would then give me all her scissors to be ground (she sewed fur coats at home).

Very cool, Mike. :cool::cool: I've been very impressed with the way Asimov wrote some of his later novels in a way to tie together the Robot short stories and novels with the original Foundation trilogy. I don't know if I'd have noticed that without my "project" this summer of reading all those works in "fictional chronological order".

I'm not familiar with V.E. Schwab and her magic trilogy; looks like something I should check out sometime! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You mentioned taking a break from Asimov. Here's a book sitting on my shelf for my next break:
View attachment 1196327
I'm not a gun guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm a devoted reader of Hunter's Swagger novels, with heroes from 4 generations of the family! :eek::D:thumbsup: The novels aren't of all consistently high caliber :rolleyes:, but most of them are very entertaining.

- GT

That does sound pretty neat how he tied them together. I am looking forward to continuing to read them. Looking back, I'm surprised they weren't on my radar years ago!

This Shades of Magic trilogy is pretty interesting so far. We seem to have a similar taste in fiction. I'm also a huge Bob Lee Swagger fan! Read Point of Impact around three times before I found out it was a series, then proceeded to devour it :)

The library has been really good at stopping me from purchasing books the last little while, but impatience wins out this time! Finished the first book of this series, but the second wasn't available for a couple weeks, and the third was available... Solution, digital copy of complete series for less than the cost of just the single second book. Funny how the pricing of ebooks works sometimes...

Curled up on the couch this weekend :D

TsIx4qk.jpg

Stephen Hunter was the lead movie critic for The Washington Post for several years (won film critic Pulitzer in 2003) and I hung on every one of his words in any review of a western or war film. He knew and explained every firearm used in the film, as well as described why it was/was not a good choice for the film. The fact that there was a firearms expert in the film critics section of The Post blew me away. It didn't hurt that he was a an insightful and eloquent reviewer, too.
- Stuart

Back