Blades upon Books - Traditionals

ASjEr6Jh.jpg

Cormac McCarthy. "Blood meridian or the evening redness in the west". A masterpiece.

Dan.

I was not 10 when one thursday morning my GrandMa went for breakfast's croissants and came back with the first of a long line..? :)
View attachment 1211070
I love Asterix. I have Asterix the Legionary, Asterix and Cleopatra, and maybe Asterix the Gaul. Somewhere. The Druid's name is Getafix in English, something else in German, I never saw one in French.
IgJ0L1X.jpg

1VXZT6I.jpg

A month ago I mentioned that I still had 2 Asimov novels to read, but was going slower since Labor Day. I'm STILL working on this last novel. For some reason, I can't seem to build any momentum in this one so far. (Doesn't help that my bedtime reading lately proceeds at a pace of about 2 pages per night before I fall asleep!)
F7.foundation&earth.Squirrel.jpg

- GT

[COTE="scrteened porch, post: 19311197, member: 312952"]I love Asterix. I have Asterix the Legionary, Asterix and Cleopatra, and maybe Asterix the Gaul. Somewhere. The Druid's name is Getafix in English, something else in German, I never saw one in French.
IgJ0L1X.jpg

1VXZT6I.jpg
[/QUOTE]
It is the first album, published in a new weekly comic, named Pilote, very different of the Belgian Tintin & Spirou weeklies. Original druid's name is Panoramix, little dog is Idéfix (idée fixe # obsession), bard is Assurancetourix (Assurance tous risques # comprehensive insurance), chief is Abraracourcix (à bras raccourcis # said when you dump someone heavily), fishmonger Ordralfabetix (ordre alphabétique # alphabetical order).
Roman camps are Babaorum (baba au rhum - rum baba), and Petibonum (petit bonhomme # little guy).
The first sentence "Nos ancêtres les Gaulois" (our ancestors the Gauls) was in all school books in France, and also in all the colonies, including Africa and Indochina. :rolleyes::D
Issard_Asterix.jpg

Last edited:
[COTE="scrteened porch, post: 19311197, member: 312952"]I love Asterix. I have Asterix the Legionary, Asterix and Cleopatra, and maybe Asterix the Gaul. Somewhere. The Druid's name is Getafix in English, something else in German, I never saw one in French.
IgJ0L1X.jpg

1VXZT6I.jpg
It is the first album, published in a new weekly comic, named Pilote, very different of the Belgian Tintin & Spirou weeklies. Original druid's name is Panoramix, little dog is Idéfix (idée fixe # obsession), bard is Assurancetourix (Assurance tous risques # comprehensive insurance), chief is Abraracourcix (à bras raccourcis # said when you dump someone heavily), fishmonger Ordralfabetix (ordre alphabétique # alphabetical order).
Roman camps are Babaorum (baba au rhum - rum baba), and Petibonum (petit bonhomme # little guy).
The first sentence "Nos ancêtres les Gaulois" (our ancestors the Gauls) was in all school books in France, and also in all the colonies, including Africa and Indochina. :rolleyes::D
View attachment 1211551[/QUOTE]
I should get some more of those.
Panoramix is good. I guess we had to go for the cheap druggie joke.

TGIF!
Lee Child, always a good read, IMO. Burt Foster Dark Side and AG Russell Mammoth Pinched Peanut, always a good around the town carry, IMO.
A little bit too much yellow in that image. Sorry about that.
Q5DGxyD.jpg

TGIF!
Lee Child, always a good read, IMO. Burt Foster Dark Side and AG Russell Mammoth Pinched Peanut, always a good around the town carry, IMO.
A little bit too much yellow in that image. Sorry about that.
I agree, Gary. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I think I've read all of the Reacher novels at least once. And even though I complained last night that I was stalled out on finishing the last of my Asimov Foundation novels, I did manage to read an entire collection of Jack Reacher short stories last week; very enjoyable! :D

- GT

Back