Bladeshow Magnacut Sebenza

I really hope they switch to this steel ASAP! It's nice that they finally started using S45 but that doesn't exactly cut it for the premium folding knife manufacturer. CRK should at least be using M390. Get with the times!

I really hope they switch to this steel ASAP! It's nice that they finally started using S45 but that doesn't exactly cut it for the premium folding knife manufacturer. CRK should at least be using M390. Get with the times!
whats wrong with s45vn?

I don’t see them switching over too soon, Tim said down the road and they just made a change! It does sound promising though for down the road.

I will be waiting for a CPM Magnacut Umnumzan. My guess is 4-5 years. Good thing I’m stocked up on several new folders.

Those CRK's were starting at $6000. Absurd. Great if you are a multimillionaire that makes enough interest every day on their money to not be phased by the price, but for the average person it doesn't strike me as a particularly wise "investment". I mean, 6K is a brand new rifle in pretty much any caliber including .50 BMG.
Or a great .308 (or whatever similar caliber you like), great sidearm, and $3000 left over. Sorry, I don't see it.

Those CRK's were starting at $6000. Absurd. Great if you are a multimillionaire that makes enough interest every day on their money to not be phased by the price, but for the average person it doesn't strike me as a particularly wise "investment". I mean, 6K is a brand new rifle in pretty much any caliber including .50 BMG.
Or a great .308 (or whatever similar caliber you like), great sidearm, and $3000 left over. Sorry, I don't see it.
They were for high end collectors who could afford it, not for everyday knife guys. When the Magnacut version comes out in regular production it will be normal priced.

I guess most of us can't imagine being that rich where you already have all the toys you want and $6000 is nothing. I'd like to think I would still not pay that much for it, even if I were that rich. It's gotta be such a tiny slice of people that can afford something like that and don't go even bigger- like an original Randall or a custom.

Is it a bad analogy to say that most of us here can afford the fanciest Walmart or local knife (think Gerber, S&W, etc.), but we choose to be a bit more discerning and that if you could afford this you would go much bigger? But I have never been to a knife show so maybe if I was a hardcore collector and had a couple of beers in me I might bite.

Sorry but at 6k... I'd rather have a special CRK...

edit: or a real custom...

Last edited:
Back