Blems and bargain for 8/13

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
21.5 inch 31 ounce Sirupati with Chainpura style satisal wood handle. Nice rig. Minor pits mark on blade and hairline crack on handle. Great value at $90. *SOLD*

h8wvAYT.jpg

53rw6TZ.jpg

15 inch 20 ounce British Army service by Ram Kumar. Epoxy fix crack on horn handle. Great camping/backpack Knife at $80. *SOLD*

15 inch 21 ounce Ang Khola by Ram Kumar. Beautiful water buffalo horn handle. Tiny pits mark on blade which is cosmetic only. Huge saving for first time HI Khukuri buyer at $95. *SOLD*

T1XszcY.jpg

l1FcZIz.jpg

15 inch 16 ounce villager fit and finish Sirupati by Ram Kumar. Horn handle. Small pits mark on spine. Nice and sharp rig at $75. *SOLD*

dkliqCK.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
EMS on all!

Good deal. I looked long and hard at the 21.5" Chainpuri, until I noticed your EMS. I'm partial to the Chainpuri style handles, and this one is beautifully done. The length-to-weight ratio is also very good. A strong blade that won't rip your arm out of the socket when you swing it.

Good deal. I looked long and hard at the 21.5" Chainpuri, until I noticed your EMS. I'm partial to the Chainpuri style handles, and this one is beautifully done. The length-to-weight ratio is also very good. A strong blade that won't rip your arm out of the socket when you swing it.
I am so excited about that "SiruPuri." I am also a huge fan of the Chainpuri handle. 20"-22" Suru in the 30 oz weight range is such a magical knife. Although, I've never met a Surupati I didn't like! Can't wait to put my hands on this one.

I am also very excited to compare a 15" 20oz BAS next to an Ang Khola of a similar ratio.

I will work on some reviews soon after I get these. I am also going to try talking my nephew into helping me do some YouTube video review soon. The videos will probably take me some time to figure out but I will do my best.

I am also very excited to compare a 15" 20oz BAS next to an Ang Khola of a similar ratio. I will work on some reviews soon after I get these. I am also going to try talking my nephew into helping me do some YouTube video review soon. The videos will probably take me some time to figure out but I will do my best.

It would be interesting to compare the edge geometry of the BAS and AK. I think the easiest way to do that would be to chop both blades into a piece of soft wood a few inches apart, then take a side-view photo of the two "V" cuts. An ordinary 2x4 would probably work best.

It would be interesting to compare the edge geometry of the BAS and AK. I think the easiest way to do that would be to chop both blades into a piece of soft wood a few inches apart, then take a side-view photo of the two "V" cuts. An ordinary 2x4 would probably work best.
Your wish is my command. I am putting up a shed in the back yard this weekend. I should have some scraps left over. I may not get around to a full review but I will definitely try your idea.

Reminds me of them 800+ pound Goliath grouper I used to see when scuba diving the reefs. They are so gentle but on occasion they open up their mouth really fast and suck up everything in their path smaller than a Volkswagen. Then they look at you like nothin happened. Grats Eric!

Reminds me of them 800+ pound Goliath grouper I used to see when scuba diving the reefs. They are so gentle but on occasion they open up their mouth really fast and suck up everything in their path smaller than a Volkswagen. Then they look at you like nothin happened. Grats Eric!
Looking back, it seems a bit rude to take them all for myself. I will give it a break so others can get some DOTDs.

nDog, you swam with those giant groupers?!?! Those things are crazy huge. I saw a nature show that talked about them. They can live to be 100 years old. They seem nice but not sure I would want to swim with one.

No need for that Eric, buying them all is a good thing for Yangdu, 1 package, all sold, saves her time and a lot of effort and there will be more for the rest of us. I'd not feel one drop of remorse. It's a good thing for HI.

Back