Blind Horse Knives - Closing Down

Web site for BHK announced they will be shutting the company down. LT & Dan are parting ways and will each be forming their own, independent knife company.

Bummer.

Well that stinks. Time to order the large workhorse I have been looking for!

edit: website currently down?

website has been in disarray for a little while - patch knife pages broken, etc.

I wish them both luck, but it is a shame. Some good blades from them.

Thats pretty cruddy, those guys do some nice work together

Really unfortunate all the way around. I wonder what they will do about warranty work?

"Blind Horse Knives, LLC is proud of our quality and we warranty all of our products to be free of defects for the life of the product. "

Guess I'll be shopping around for at some other knife makers. Any suggestions besides Bark River, not that there's anything wrong with them, just that I like to comparison shop. :p

Sorry to hear that. I hope there's no hard feelings between them. I think they had their families involved in the business as well so I imagine this is a tough thing for them all. Pure speculation on my un-informed part though.

Wow! They have had some incredible blades over the last few years. And their prices were pretty fair also. I bet the secondary market will jump a bit.

Just checked out the website, apparently the two companies are now called Battle Horse Knives & L.T. Wright Knives?

The Blind Horse page now has links to both companies.

Really unfortunate all the way around. I wonder what they will do about warranty work?

"Blind Horse Knives, LLC is proud of our quality and we warranty all of our products to be free of defects for the life of the product. "

They posted up on facebook saying that they will still honor warranties. You can contact either company to fullful BHK warranty work.

Just checked out the website, apparently the two companies are now called Battle Horse Knives & L.T. Wright Knives?

The Blind Horse page now has links to both companies.

I spoke to soon. Looking forward to seeing the knives each company produces.

Just received an email from BHK saying that Dan and LT are parting ways!! They are going to continue to make knives under their own companies. This stinks. Anyone have any insight as to why??

Wow. I better pull the trigger on one of those little bush crafters

Just got the news that BHK will be splitting up at the end of Dec. (?) Dan and LT are going to to venture into different directions. Maybe I am slow to get the news, but I am saddened.

Just saw that myself. As sad as it is that they're splitting, it will be interesting to see what new designs they each come out with.

Back