Blown Away By This $30 knife

Just got my Atmos. First impression was why did I buy this cheap knife? I looked it over and the centering is good, lock up is good, deep pocket clip is nice. I flipped it a few times and it is really smooth. No blade wobble side to side or up and down. An ever so slight blemish on the handle scale. It appears, maybe, the end mill skated a bit coming off the contour of the bevel toward the blade side openning of the scale. You really have to look to see it.

I'll carry the Atmos for a couple of weeks and try to get used to the tip up carry deal. We'll See!

Faxions are $22.95 on sale at BHQ right now.
Decent knife with bearings and the legendary, highly sought-after 8CR.

^^ Strange. Where’d you get it from?
Every one of mine have been perfect, new. Except maybe 1 that needed a disassembly/lube job, but is now perfect.

Yes, the atmos is smooth and has little to no rolling resistance, but there's a different kind of smooth feeling with the phosphor bronze washers that just feels more...secure? or stiff? I can't really describe it but I enjoy flipping my LCK over my Atmos now.

I prefer this type of action as well. More resistance/controlled close/hydraulic as opposed to free fall.

I would say save the $30 and put it towards a 470, extremely impressed w/ this. But, this thread has cost me the $30..just put an Atmos in cart..lol

4gjhVxg.jpg

I prefer this type of action as well. More resistance/controlled close/hydraulic as opposed to free fall.

I would say save the $30 and put it towards a 470, extremely impressed w/ this. But, this thread has cost me the $30..just put an Atmos in cart..lol

4gjhVxg.jpg

The 0470 is sweet, and it is actually based on the Atmos design, as anyone can see. As for the action, I prefer the freer falling action on flippers. Listen, no one is saying the Atmos is a world beater. But at its price, it sure is good. Especially after taking my Atmos apart and cleaning and lubing it, it is crazy good for what I paid for it. As for that ZT, I am tempted, but I wish it was a bit smaller and around the same size as the Atmos. The ZT is quite a but bigger and heavier.

Faxions are $22.95 on sale at BHQ right now.
Decent knife with bearings and the legendary, highly sought-after 8CR.

The Fraxion looks good, and is quite similar to the Atmos, but I just like the design in the Atmos more. Also, I personally just hate coated blades. Also, the pocket clip on the Atmos is better for me.

The Fraxion looks good, and is quite similar to the Atmos, but I just like the design in the Atmos more. Also, I personally just hate coated blades. Also, the pocket clip on the Atmos is better for me.
Fraxions come in all colors, coated and satin. I’ve got bunches of both...
Google these 4 (all satin):

1160BLU
1160SAT
1160OL
1160TAN

Fraxions come in all colors, coated and satin. I’ve got bunches of both...
Google these 4 (all satin):

1160BLU
1160SAT
1160OL
1160TAN

Thanks, saw that they have satin blades too. But still prefer the Atmos design. Sinkevich designs are amazing. And the pocket clip on the Atmos is fantastic. Deep carry out of the box. But I agree, the Fraxion is a nice knife. If I didn't have an Atmos already, I may have bought a Fraxion.

I like the Atmos’ better too, for sure.
That doesn’t stop me from picking up awesome user $22 bearing flippers. :)

You are an addict for sure lol. Next up for me is probably the Civivi Statera or Anthropos :)

I took a little sand paper and then ceramic stone to the flipper on mine and it feels great now.
I haven't seen too many mentioned this but one post did some work to the liner lock. My 'flicker toy' annoyance is with the closing of the knife. On mine i have to hold the lock in and swing the blade past 10 degrees or so any less it will hang up on the liner lock before it will close any further without excessive force.

Im not ready to spend for a ZT but i'm convinced i need more flippers.
Any opinions on going for a CRKT LCK or Ruike P801 next? Leaning toward the p801 because i haven't had a frame lock before but i don't own any CRKT either.

[QUOTE="jp9mm,
Any opinions on going for a CRKT LCK or Ruike P801 next? Leaning toward the p801 because i haven't had a frame lock before [/QUOTE]
The P801 is an absolute delight to flip. Get it. I just made it my first double. Frame lock needs a little awareness of hand placement and my hand naturally lines up perfectly. My fingers lie across the clip and it flips 100% for me. If it was titanium and S35,(or better), it would be legendary instead of just in the running for best value flipper. In my near valueless opinion.

On mine i have to hold the lock in and swing the blade past 10 degrees or so any less it will hang up on the liner lock before it will close any further without excessive force.

Was it hanging up on the lock bar itself or the detent ball? Mine hung up on the detent ball & took a bit more pressure to overcome the ball, unless I pushed the lock bar all the way out. I then ground a small detent ramp on the tang. Problem solved.

P.S. I'd put the ZT 0470 in my shopping cart if the price would be less.

Last edited:
Was it hanging up on the lock bar itself or the detent ball? Mine hung up on the detent ball & took a bit more pressure to overcome the ball, unless I pushed the lock bar all the way out. I then ground a small detent ramp on the tang. Problem solved.

P.S. I'd put the ZT 0470 in my shopping cart if the price would be less.

Yes it stops when the detent ball starts to make contact with the blade tang. Haven't taken any knifes apart, not sure if this should be my first.
I checked the ZT 0470, at 260 it means i have to start selling some guns but that would get me enough for a few nice folders

Back