Blown Away By This $30 knife

My atmos also hangs up on the detent ball. So eone put a detent ramp on their blade to remedy exactly this issue. I currently enjoy flipping my LCK over my Atmos for this reason alone.

jp9mm jp9mm , the CRKT LCK in a super smooth flipper (at least mine is).
Don't know about the Ruike, don't own any.
For the price the LCK is fantastic.

I still don't like tip up carry. I have edced this knife for a week now and I feel like I don't have a knife on me at all. Missing my R2 more and more.

jp9mm jp9mm , the CRKT LCK in a super smooth flipper (at least mine is).
Don't know about the Ruike, don't own any.
For the price the LCK is fantastic.

I went to Dick's sporting goods to look at knifes, they didn't have much
I felt the action on the M16 flipper, didn't like it as much as Atmos, not sure how much different the LCK is.
Ended up ordering the Ruike P135 as i like the overall look the best

At $30, it would definitely be one of the first I'd experiment with. Which I have...lol.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/kershaw-snot-rocket-atmos.1654109/

Selling firearms...just saying the words to myself hurts. :( But we gotta do what we gotta do. :thumbsup:

I have some small files i got for gun work that i never used. Hopefully i can make this knife even better.
I like that the pocket clip is black but i might paint to remove the branding, already removed 'most' of the lettering from the blade.

Latech -

Could you or someone post a pic of the CRKT LCK please; can't seem to find that model.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. It is a Ruger CRKT- don't like design and like many, many knife companies they don't pre-drill the pocket clip for left hand carry :-(

Rich

Last edited:
Granted i have not bought or looked at knives the past 8 years but i feel that buying the Kershaw Atmos first has set an impossibly high standard for price/performance as i begin to handle more knifes at 2x+ the price.
The opening action seems unbeatable. Even the lock up is very tight for a design that has very little metal. only the blade and liner lock side of the frame but feels as tight as full and thicker metal frame locks.
How much do you have to spend to get an action where its very hard to make them fail to open?

Got away from the $500+ knives, been out if the hobby a few years now, it's so much easier touching up the softer steel to wicked sharpness. Inexpensive knives are just too good nowadays.

It's me again, I found an enabler in the selling section and bought more knives including the CRKT LCK & Ruike P801 & 848 (and a bunch others)
Still proving tough to dethrone the Atmos but the P801 comes close also the Spyderco compression lock design, not a 'flipper' but the action is very nice 'flicking' and drop shut +4x price.
Atmos still beats everything on overall design and function to price ratio, including being almost and ounce + lighter than everything.
LCK is very nice but a little lacking with the flip not having bearings i guess
All the Ruike's flipper's could use some jimping and i might mod them.
The 801 drops shut nicer, strong detent and same enjoyment from the smooth quick flip like the Atmos but the thumb stud cant be used to flick open.
I didn't really want the 848 but it was part of the deal and pretty nice as well. The thumb stud on this one is easy to flick open.
I like the P835 look and big blade but could use a stiffer detent and too easy to get to fail.
Lastly the Kizer's very nice over all solid and flip well, decent jimping for flipper but slightly more than 2X cost and maybe a little less exciting to flip and close also the only non deep pocket clips.

Well i guess this is my life now. So my question is 'If you haven't bought or handled the Atmos yet, what are you waiting for?'

PIE3cs5.jpg

Last edited:
The atmos is really an amazing knife for the price. The action is second to none. I really just want an xl version.

The natrix CF is also another great inexpensive flipper. Loved it and the atmos so much I got the natrix xl CF... Lol Kershaw killing it imo.

As for the crkt ruger someone posted about, I have a caligo and it also is one hell of a flipper. Took a little break in but it flips great and will drop shut with just a little shake. I always hear about crkt knives being junk, and had handled a few that did, but my caligo was worth the 30 bucks imo.

I have an addiction to cheap Chinese knives. Just ordered another Kershaw thermite because I somehow bent mine at work. Don't know how, but I'm going to try and fix it but I want another now. Haha!

The Natrix knives are great. I particularly like the bearing, non-assisted ones.

I don’t own a Thermite, which I really should as it’s a Hinderer collab, but I’ve heard nothing but reliability issues with that knife. Tons of reviews (long term) complaining that they fall apart.

EDIT: Had the Natrix Copper and couldn’t stand it. Too small for my hands, poor action as the sub-frame lock would always be in the way due to its small size. Had to position my hand just right to deploy the blade. Just kinda dumb. More of a novelty piece, which I didn’t find real novel.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't had my thermite long enough or used it enough for it to fall apart. I guess I leaned up against the rail in a lift and just Tweaked it. Took it apart to clean and can't get it to go back together right. I'll put the lock side in a vice one of these days and see if I can't straighten it, but like I said I ordered another. They're 20 bucks, so I'm going to give it another shot.

I can tell they're not built as well as a cryo or cryo 2 however. The washers are very undersized. But man if it doesn't feel good to use.

And yes, the non-assissted natrix is the one to get. Reminds me that I need to fix the edge on mine... Lol

Reactions: KVT
^^ Yeah, the Thermite seems like a great form-factor and size, as it should be - it’s a Hinderer collab. :)

Maybe I’ll grab one just to beat on it.

The Cryos are just freakin awesome knives in their price point.

I wish Kershaw would do more with the cryos. The cryo 1 gets a G10 scale, and a d2 blade (blade HQ exclusive I believe?) but no love for the cryo 2.

I like my cryo, but the 2 just fits the hand better imo. With a G10 scale it really would be a poor man's zt 0566.

Reactions: KVT
^^ Totally agree.
Make the Cryo IIs better, with more options (G10,D2) and make a Ti frame non-assist 0566!

Was surprised by this little Kershaw usually don’t buy budget blades but for $24 this is excellent. Picked it up in a store attractive lines and amazing flipping action and lockup. Might need to check out an Atmos or the ZT version. Kershaw hitting some homeruns I guess with their recent designsB18AD9EA-A117-4C61-8B63-9B0C0CB64050.jpeg

I heard the fraxxion is good, just prefer the atmos design. If it is as good as an atmos then I might pick one up to complement it!

The fraxion just looks clunky and odd to me.
Also i find i like the look of a lot of Sinkevich's knife designs after seeing the Atmos.

Back