Blown Deadline Cerakote Comes Through For Me...

Garth Reckner

I asked the guys up at Blown Deadline to dress up a few pieces for me. They really came through and did some amazing work. If you have ever considered having something cerakoted then you should look no further than Blown Deadline.

They took a my 450 Bushmaster and a Customized Springfield and really made them mine.

Enjoy Folks,
Garth

I love the bronze as well, it looks like raw metallic flake gold and really looks amazing in sunlight..

Outrageous coatings—fantastic! Really some handsome pieces.

So how’s the .450 grouping for you?

Excellent work!

I'm eyeing at that Urban Grudge too. Would still like to track down a bg one of these days.

That is a NICE Set of Tools :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Outrageous coatings—fantastic! Really some handsome pieces.

So how’s the .450 grouping for you?
Still searching for some range time to get sighted in.
Built pretty much identical rifle for my Dad and we shot his a few weeks ago. He didn’t want to wait for his to get cerakoted so his is just boring black. Got sub moa at 100 yards. 200 yards was just over 3.5” group off a bench. Still got a little tweaking to do on his though so hoping we can pull that in a bit.
Garth

Yeah, sub-MOA is plainly unacceptable. :eek::eek::eek::D

Seriously though, makes you wonder what’s causing the pattern to open up @ 200. Breezy day? Coarse reticle? Puzzling.

Obviously you’ve discovered a very effective weapon that also happens to tick off a bunch of my own personal preference boxes.

Really wish I hadn’t asked—now I want one.:thumbsup::cool::D

Last edited:
Yeah, sub-MOA is plainly unacceptable. :eek::eek::eek::D

Seriously though, makes you wonder what’s causing the pattern to open up @ 200. Breezy day? Coarse reticle? Puzzling.

Obviously you’ve discovered a very effective weapon that also happens to tick off a bunch of my own personal preference boxes.

Really wish I hadn’t asked—now I want one.:thumbsup::cool::D
I think the scope has a lot to do with it. It is a bit wider of a reticle. That combines with a bit of a cross wind. Think I messed up shooting at a larger target. Need to shrink my target dot at 200 yards. Aim small miss small theory.
Garth

:thumbsup: Reminds me of my grandfather’s advice hunting rabbits when I was six. Don’t shoot at his head, he suggested. Shoot at the center of his eye. Even if you miss, you hit the head.

3.5 @ 200 is pretty good really. Good enough to hit an 18 inch square

*ahem*

At what? 400? 500?
I'm not saying DONT tweak and tighten the group by any means.

Just, you know... saying.
Still searching for some range time to get sighted in.
Built pretty much identical rifle for my Dad and we shot his a few weeks ago. He didn’t want to wait for his to get cerakoted so his is just boring black. Got sub moa at 100 yards. 200 yards was just over 3.5” group off a bench. Still got a little tweaking to do on his though so hoping we can pull that in a bit.
Garth

Back