Blue M390 PM2

Ahem, well I just bought me a Blue M390 PM2. This is currently the most I have spent on a knife (and hopefully not for long). This thread was very helpful. Sounds like this will be a great blade. I can't wait for it to come in. How is everyone Blue M390 PM2 doing?

Its the best dang knife I have ever bought. I have spent 3 times what I spent on my M390 PM2 and the PM2 is still the best performer. You will NEVER EVER regret buying 1.

Ahem, well I just bought me a Blue M390 PM2. This is currently the most I have spent on a knife (and hopefully not for long). This thread was very helpful. Sounds like this will be a great blade. I can't wait for it to come in. How is everyone Blue M390 PM2 doing?
GunBluePM2net.jpg

congrats! my most expensive spydie as well, but well worth it if you love the color blue! M390 is tough!

Is the M390 PM2 really just a Bento Box exclusive?

I don't like that site, the knives on there are like 15%+ more expensive than on other dealers. Why would I want to pay 175$ for a S35V PM2 when I can go to knifeworks or w/e and pay 130$?

Yeah, it's exclusive to them. The problem is that most re-sellers are asking even higher prices, so your best option right now is to buy from BB...

On their site it seems odd that the brown is priced so high. The blue is high also, but that price might be more appropriate considering, although the other sprints with comparable steel were selling for considerably less.

Yeah, it's exclusive to them. The problem is that most re-sellers are asking even higher prices, so your best option right now is to buy from BB...

Yeah, the problem is, I don't want to pay 190$ (price after S&H for me) for a PM2 unless the materials are A LOT better. For instance, I'd rather pay 300$ for the S90V carbon fiber version than 190$ for a M390 version with he same old G10.

Plus, the knife would be considered as expensive for me and I'll end up not wanting to EDC it ever for fear of losing or putting nicks on it. I'd rather get the much cheaper brown one and EDCing it with no worries.

BBS doesn't seem to want to compete with the aggressive discounters like KnifeCenter, BladeHQ, New Graham, GP Knives, etc. That's their call.

Blade vs. blade, the S90V and M390 (and the 20CP and the 204P) should all come out essentially the same. After that, it's just color and price. Other than the fact that carbon fiber is more expensive, there really isn't any noticeable difference between the carbon fiber and the blue, gray or green G10. The only one that you can currently buy new from a dealer, as opposed to paying resale market prices, is the blue M390.

$300 for a NIB S90V P2 spring would be a real deal these days! :thumbup:

For pure visual appeal and practicality, I agree that the brown G10 would be my choice.

Yeah, the problem is, I don't want to pay 190$ (price after S&H for me) for a PM2 unless the materials are A LOT better. For instance, I'd rather pay 300$ for the S90V carbon fiber version than 190$ for a M390 version with he same old G10.

Plus, the knife would be considered as expensive for me and I'll end up not wanting to EDC it ever for fear of losing or putting nicks on it. I'd rather get the much cheaper brown one and EDCing it with no worries.

Thanks. I expect prices to skyrocket when they run out.

Probably right, but you never know? I guess that's when we find out how much people like, or don't like, the blue G10? I like it myself - nice color and I really like the coarse texture G10 used on this one (like the BD30P Manix 2 sprint's coarse black G10).

Seems like CS is an aggressive discounter...I guess I don't see the others as being that aggressive with their pricing.

BBS doesn't seem to want to compete with the aggressive discounters like KnifeCenter, BladeHQ, New Graham, GP Knives, etc. That's their call.

well I just bought my first para 2 today and it is the blue m390 para 2 from BBS! I I think I will really like it. should be here some time next week!

Also, there are still about a dozen of 'em left

Last edited:
well worth it IMO! I am still loving mine after 2 weeks!

I agree. It seems to be very cool to bash BBS. Either you want to pay the asking price or not - if yes, great. If not, why complain? I liked the materials and workmanship on mine well enough that I ponied up for a second one. :thumbup:

Back