Blue M390 PM2

Yay, my blue lightsaber [literally] just came in today and WOW. I am very happy with it. Smooth opening out of the box, no sticky compression lock, the lock love the bright blue G10 and of course very sharp [my arm hairs are trembling at the sight of it. I really love this knife and do not regret this at all, even though my wallet is giving me mean looks now.

Now for my super close examination of the knife: It is ever so slightly of center to the right which is fine by me, the jimping is a little warped/curvy/chipped [?], the liner is ever so slightly protruding out of the G10 near the tip on the RH tip up clip side, and the liner nestling in the G10 has a very tiny chip [?] on each liner. All mentioned does not affect performance at all [yet] and is just me being a little too observant. Even with all these imperfections, I view these more as "birthmarks" so to speak, and makes this PM2 my own.

Some pics of the said lightsaber...

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

Now for my super close examination of the knife: It is ever so slightly of center to the right which is fine by me, the jimping is a little warped/curvy/chipped [?], the liner is ever so slightly protruding out of the G10 near the tip on the RH tip up clip side, and the liner nestling in the G10 has a very tiny chip [?] on each liner. All mentioned does not affect performance at all [yet] and is just me being a little too observant. Even with all these imperfections, I view these more as "birthmarks" so to speak, and makes this PM2 my own.

On the very tiny chips in the liner where it's nested into the G10 that you mentioned - is it two really small chips, very close together? If so, I think Sal's mentioned that these are the start/stop points for the laser that they use to cut the liners. I think most PM2's will show them to some degree or another (I know I've got them on mine).

I really wish I had the funds to grab another one of these before they're all gone...

On the very tiny chips in the liner where it's nested into the G10 that you mentioned - is it two really small chips, very close together? If so, I think Sal's mentioned that these are the start/stop points for the laser that they use to cut the liners. I think most PM2's will show them to some degree or another (I know I've got them on mine).

I really wish I had the funds to grab another one of these before they're all gone...

Yeah 2 very tiny chips on each liner, on the inside of the grip on the biggest hump on the handle. Interesting, thanks that's good to know.

I'll be interested to see what the buzz is when these are gone. BBS has taken a lot of $h!t over this really excellent knife. :(

Wow, I'm surprised to see them finally sold. Honestly, I didn't think they would as long as it took, with all of the complaints about price, and with the sale restrictions by BBS. Glad I bought two early on.

Well it's not looking like I'll be getting one of these. Went to the local knife shop and a guy had bought the 2 they had in stock a couple days before but they hadn't taken it off the web site yet lol oh well

Wow, I'm surprised to see them finally sold. Honestly, I didn't think they would as long as it took, with all of the complaints about price, and with the sale restrictions by BBS. Glad I bought two early on.

Considering how fast other sprints go, and BBS' product prices, I'm not surprised it took this long. Notice they STILL have M4 Manix2s listed.

All I can say is, the blue has been my favorite so far. I've had them all except for the brown. I like m390.

These really aren't sprint runs, they are just dealer exclusives...so I would imagine there is nothing stopping BBS from placing an order for another batch/run or Cutlery Shoppe to do the same with the Orange, etc.

If the demand is so great and they think they could sell through whatever commitment they have to make...why not?

Back