Bluetooth speakers

Bruceter

Gold Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent sounding bluetooth speaker in the $30-$40 range? I have heard a friends Bose unit, but can't justify the $$ for one of them. I want to listen to some tunes on the porch and would like something that sounds better than the speaker in my phone.

TIA

Bruceter

I have a merit S1 I bought off amazon to carry when riding a bicycle it is now also listed as an E-more F1 has good sound for something as small as it is . I will also take a micro SD card and play music loaded to that good battery life too
Roy

Check out the UE Miniboom from Logitech, these are very highly rated and put out a lot of sound from of a very small box, rechargeable for up to ten hours and they have a nice app to pair two speakers up for stereo or have mono speakers in separate rooms for a party! Really nice unit, but you'll have to shop on ebay to find one for under $50! GL

Last edited:
I bought a Cambridge Soundworks OnntZ 3 from an online retailer (rhymes with Amapon) as a gift for around $30. I'm pretty impressed with it. It puts out a lot of sound for the size.

I also gave a couple DKnight Magicbox speakers which are about the same size/price but more a copy of the jawbone speaker. I prefer the sound of the cambridge and it looks a little more refined as well.

I would say go to your favorite online retailer and find one that floats your boat.

Thanks for the ideas, they at least give me a good starting point.

Bruceter

I have a HP branded bluetooth speaker I use with a laptop. It is a single unit with two speakers. It is not bad, but I don't recall the price anymore.

I bought the Oontz 3 with high hopes, but the lack of any decent bass was a bit of a disappointment.

I finally just coughed up the cash and bought a JBL Flip 3. What a difference! It's a really great speaker at about $85 on Amazon, but it's more than you're looking to spend. If you can, just save up for another month or so and get something that will give you more happiness than regret.

It always boils down to getting what you pay for.

Love my boss but I take an ALTec LANSING speaker when it's gona get rough . It's waterproof has big sound. You can use your phone though the speaker and has a handle bar mount

Got it on black Friday for like 75 to it bucks. Highly recommended (I justified the bose for the sounds you just can't hear with lesser speakers)

I bought 3 JBL Clips and all three were malfunctioning out of the box.

Currently using a Bose Soundlink Color and zero problems and it bounces around in the cab of a truck all day. Single speaker on it but it sounds really nice.

Last edited:
If you can get a UE roll, that's what I'd recommend. I know its in the 70usd range, but I think well worth it. Otherwise see if the wirecutter has any cheap unit reviews. The main thing will be battery quality, and a decently driven speaker, the reality is that the bandwith for bluetooth won't give concert quality sound, but some systems make even an mp3 sound terrible.

I also have a EU mini-boom from Logitech that I picked up on a daily deal site awhile back in your target $ range and it has performed well. I later picked one up for my wife as she liked mine.

Back