Blurry engraving

tgh

I have recently purchased a brand new Emerson Combat Karambit and was surprised to notice that the laser engraving on the blade is rather blurry. Is this normal for an Emerson?

wZGHPxo.jpg

I’ve had three CQC-8 models that had a similar issue. One that I wanted to keep at the time, I sent to Emerson and they replaced it with a new one. I read years ago that they acknowledged that it was an issue and offered to remedy ones with the issue.

However, I’m pretty sure a member here tried to do the same thing and was denied, so maybe they have since decided to not remedy this. In my opinion, it is a minor cosmetic flaw that can have major collectibility consequences.

Reactions: tgh
It's a real shame Emerson lets out knives with 'cosmetic flaws' like this or with disappearing engravings. If they can't do it properly they ought to drop engraving their knives completely. I assume his signature doesn't stay on for long on the signatures series blades either :thumbsdown:

Just as everything else in life, Emerson Knives aren’t perfect, but they will make it right for you. Happened to me in February, emailed customer service a photo, they paid for me to send it back, and I got a new one in a week.

That's good to know. The problem is I live across the pond and in my personal experience they tend to ignore non-US customers. I've sent several emails to them previously concerning other issues and requests with little to no success :confused:

Yea, that is a different story altogether. If you purchased from a dealer, have you tried to exchange with them? Also, there is a facebook group for Emerson owners (EKOG) with members from all over the world, you could ask to join and pose your question. These folks have a collective wealth of knowledge when it comes to Emerson Knives. Good luck...

Yea, that is a different story altogether. If you purchased from a dealer, have you tried to exchange with them? Also, there is a facebook group for Emerson owners (EKOG) with members from all over the world, you could ask to join and pose your question. These folks have a collective wealth of knowledge when it comes to Emerson Knives. Good luck...
Thanks for the input, I will further explore the possible options.
Recently bought a brand new Emerson a100 and after a week logo/signature started to disappear
I did have that problem, too, with a Patriot I purchased a few years ago.

Similar issue with the folding steak knife I just got from them last week. I also would have thought it was fake if I did not get it straight from them.

I have two Emersons from 2005 and 2006, those logos still look great and precise, so I don't know how they slipped.

Everything else about the knife has improved though from the last time I handled an Emerson.

Back