Bob Cargill Cripple Creek Knives

Just Picked This One Up. Most Amazing In Every Way. Gold and ivory. Heavy too. Any info appreciated

Wow whatever the story is with that one it sure is fancy! I haven't seen a CC that was embellished like that before perhaps a collab? I'm sure the experts here can chime in.

The Hawkeye club had a unique double. After this SBS whittler in '86, they followed with the three backspring whittler in '87. The 3BS seems considerably heftier than your SBS, Engineer! Don't know which I prefer--maybe both. Great knife!
Thank you very much for the kind words and the information . I was totally unaware of Cripple Creek knives until the last couple of years . The history of Bob Cargill and the company and style of some of his knives have intrigued me since then . Thank you again my friend .

Harry

The Hawkeye club knife is a beauty OE. I have never even heard of that gold and ivory sleeveboard. A real find !! Opens up a whole new aspect of what
Cargill was up to. We're going to have to look for more info on the Golden Oldies!! JJBREWST1,Is there any kind of a date on the knife?
Greg

Last edited:
The Hawkeye club knife is a beauty OE. I have never even heard of that gold and ivory sleeveboard. A real find !! Opens up a whole new aspect of what
Cargill was up to. We're going to have to look for more info on the Golden Oldies!! JJBREWST1,Is there any kind of a date on the knife?
Greg

I don’t see any date on it. But this is my first Cargill. I couldn’t pass up the beauty of it.

You done good. It's got Cripple Creek blades and the Buffalo Shield so it isn't a pre-Cripple Creek.
No sign of a date on the smaller blades tang stamp? It's kinda buried by the frame and probably hard,
if not impossible to see.
Greg

Last edited:
You done good. It's got Cripple Creek blades and the Buffalo Shield so it isn't a pre-Cripple Creek.
No sign of a date on the smaller blades tang stamp? It's kinda buried by the frame and probably hard,
if not impossible to see.
Greg
I will look a little closer. I think it will be impossible to see like you suggested.

A buddy of mine bought a few guns from me and had this knife. I saw it had to have it. Offered him 1250 and now I own it. No idea whatsoever of value, but it seemed fair to me. There’s at least an ounce of gold in it. So I figured no brainer.

JJBREWST1, That is truly a Holy Grail for a Cripple Creek collector or anyone wanting a rare piece. There are some rumblings about
the "gold and silversmith" etching on another knife but nothing that I would put in this thread as fact.
Could be and might be doesn't cut it.
Nice one fodderwing! Good job on the photo too. Overcast days with high clouds is the best condition to take photos of knives.

Greg

Last edited:
That is a beautiful piece. Do you see that hairline crack at the upper left pin being an issue? Think it will spread or do you think it has stabilized?

That is a beautiful piece. Do you see that hairline crack at the upper left pin being an issue? Think it will spread or do you think it has stabilized?
Yes, everybody has seen the boo boo in the ivory. The significance of the piece far outweighs it.
Greg

Yes, everybody has seen the boo boo in the ivory. The significance of the piece far outweighs it.
Greg
When I made that comment I was asking the gentleman if he sees it as an issue of spreading. That’s all. Not insinuating it is a “boo boo or the significance of the piece outweighing it.” Just was a question and the gentleman respectfully answered. Do you not like my comments, because I have noticed that you have commented back as If inpatient with what I have to say. Any issues?

Last edited:
No, no issues. I have just learned over the years that pointing out the obvious doesn't really add anything. There isn't any reason for you to explain yourself. We all get it.
No biggie.
Greg

Back