BOB/Get Home Bag Fixed Blade

Baaaa-humbug... go with INFI! You don't get a second chance with survival. It's no place to be cheap. Get something you can depend on... that can survive any task... and still shave.

PS... I have 2 SRK's... they are good.;) :thumbup:

I agree, use the SRK. That's what it was made for. I've got one and it's a decently-sized, jack of all trades master of none type of knife. Not huge, definitely not small; sturdy carbon steel; comfortable handle. Plus, you already own it!

I don't like to leave anything expensive in the car unattended. So for the kit that's always in the car I have a Mora 760-Orange (no matter where I put it down I'll always see it) and some freebie SAK knockoff. Sometimes some Swamp Rat knives are in the car (RMD, Rat Warden) but only when I am.

Maybe what I should do is put the SRK in my wife's truck, it is stashed pretty well, and I think would be less likely taken, and I'll add the Mora 2000 to my kit.

A BK11 with handle slabs would be a nice user though...and that R-10 looks good...and I have been wnating a BK2 (certainly less expensive than the RC3)...I think I'm more up in the air now than I was when I started:D.

The BK 11 is an awesome knife I have had mine for some time. I had a handle put on it and it extended the handle size as well. Its a great little user now and I wouldn't part with it. No longer what I consider a neck knife though. :(

Old thread, I know - does anyone have a line on scales for a BK11? Thought I did but no answer, searched and nitvfincing anything.

How about mora robust? Practically indestructible, yet bushcrafty, and does’t cost much.

Edit: oh crap, necro thread :(

second hand or new ka bar mk 1 might fit your bill light tough and not too small it 1095 cro van 5.25 blade leather or kraton handal kydex or leather sheath plain or part serrated blade not offencive looking if you strip the powder coat and acid etch the blade Apple cider vinegar works well not to expensive

Back