BOG 2017 Tracking Thread

Peter, have fun modding the little patch knife to your heart's content.
it's made from 1/2 of a small horseshoe and the handle is horse stall mat (hence, the copper harness rivets for pins -- I should have used bronze, it's a bit stiffer)
the HT is a little on the soft side, not sure if I screwed it up or if it's due to low carbon content -- so it sharpens up pretty easy, but also forms a mean burr on the edge.
If you end up needing more stall mat, let me know and I'll see if I have any more laying around.

Thanks for the pics Peter...looks like the box has picked up some fun stuff along its travels so far!
It's cool having had the box, to see what the next person picks out and what is still in there for the people after.

If you end up needing more stall mat, let me know and I'll see if I have any more laying around.
Pete,
I also have some horse stall mat laying around, and I know that I have enough to spare.
If you do want to rehandle it and stick with the theme, I can send you some if Vik doesn't have it readily available.

I enjoy seeing what others take out, especially when they choose an item I added. It can be a bit of a let-down when you're excited to add something nice and never know if anyone picked it or not. Thanks again for letting me be a part of it, posting pics, and for the generosity shared by all.

Peter, have fun modding the little patch knife to your heart's content.

Pete,
I also have some horse stall mat laying around, and I know that I have enough to spare.
If you do want to rehandle it and stick with the theme, I can send you some if Vik doesn't have it readily available.
If I know Pete, he'll be putting some good looking wood on that little knife.

Hey guys, sorry but it looks like I won't be able to ship this back out till next week! College just started back and I keep forgetting to bring it worth me in all the commotion of getting Iris and Sam into their new school routines as well.

Sorry about that, I'll be sure to add some extra cool stuff to it to make up for the weight.

Thanks for the offer of horse stall matt as well, pretty cool idea and definitely easy on the hand, but Mke's right, if I have permission I can't help myself but use some wood :D

It's sharp as all get out, I can tell you that, soft or not, I've been hoping to work on some metal blanks everntaily so I'm hoping to learn something :)

thanks!

Ok this is getting real, better get all my addition options ready for BOG packing Tetris......

My schedule has been pretty crazy lately too. Just getting around to posting what I grabbed from the BOG. The Sears screwdriver certainly brings back memories.
JSerhYo.jpg

That's a nice Biner, what's the weight rating?
(**KN on the other side)

Or, if you snap a pic of the other side, I can find out all the info for you.

Now you just need to buy a riggers belt!

That's a nice Biner, what's the weight rating?
(**KN on the other side)

Or, if you snap a pic of the other side, I can find out all the info for you.

Now you just need to buy a riggers belt!
Very heavy duty.
AJEAeWx.jpg

Yoke is the brand and 42kn is equivalent to 9225 lbs.

If this is new, you should be willing to consider this load bearing and able to support your weight.

A great addition to a camping, hiking, or emergency bag. I would highly recommend getting familiar with and learning to tie a few knots. Namely an Alpine Butterfly, a Bowline, and some form of friction hitch or two (I suggest a Prusik and an Icicle Hitch).

Also take a look the video below:

I can't find the4 address for the next person, sorry, can someone send it to me again?

it's filled to the brim :D

thanks

Hey guys, sorry I still have it!

I went to the post office but had the wrong zip code, then I left, got the right ZIp code (was sent to me very speedily FYI it's all my fault) but I just had ticked it off my mental checklist or whatever and it slipped my mind!

I have it all packed upbut...forgot it at home this morning!

I'll send it out first thing afetr I drop the kid's for at school tomorrow and send the tracking data on.

Very sorry to have held us all up!

Back