Boker Auto’s ?

The Boker Strike always puzzled me because it has no thumstud or nail slit to open it so you would think it was supposed to be an auto. Plus I,ve heard its milled inside for the coil spring. Another oddity for a manual folder.

What I've been told is Boker makes autos for sale outside the US. They are imported into this country w/o springs as manual knives and converted into autos here, but not by Boker. I have a 1990 vintage Boker 712 leverlock, made in Germany, imported into the US but the spring was put in the knife in the US by the guy who sold it at the Shot show.

What I've been told is Boker makes autos for sale outside the US. They are imported into this country w/o springs as manual knives and converted into autos here, but not by Boker. I have a 1990 vintage Boker 712 leverlock, made in Germany, imported into the US but the spring was put in the knife in the US by the guy who sold it at the Shot show.
I am confused. I ordered a Kalashnikov Auto two separate times from one of the big vendors and it came auto and they have a wide selection of different styles. and blades.
So I am now to understand that Boker sell the knife without a spring to hands it off to another company who makes them auto here and then distributes them to the different stores here in the states ?
And they still manage to sell them very inexpensively.

That's the way it's been explained to me. It is not legal to import an automatic knife into the US. However all sorts of things get illegally imported into every country.

now protech is makiing a kwaiken boker auto.......

I've been away a few years. Time to resurrect this old thread with a pic of the Kwaiken "First Production Run" I picked up at Blade Show this year! (#235 of 300)
IMG_5138.jpg

I own several AK autos but have to ask a dumb question ... do the non converted ones just fall open when you press the button or how do they work?

I own several AK autos but have to ask a dumb question ... do the non converted ones just fall open when you press the button or how do they work?

More or less yes, depending on how tight the blade pivot is adjusted. But if it is loose enough to work as an automatic (theoretically), it is usually loose enough as well to fall open when the pushbutton is pressed.

You know, we German guys are always a little jealous about the US knife laws, because buying a gun in Germany is really a pain in the..., getting the permit and all.

But at least we can buy a wide variety of automatic knives in Germany. ;-)

So of course, in Germany and for Europe (most countries, but not all), all the mentioned pushbutton knives are automatics (Boker Plus Kalashnikov, Boker Plus Strike, Boker Speedlock (Toplock is the manual version of the Speedlock) and some more, including the old style lever action automatic knives.

We have a blade length limitation in Germany for automatics though, which is app. 3.34" (85mm), and we can´t have OTFs or double edged switchblades.

This was very useful. I just got a k74 auto in camo green with a black drop point and therally love it. Still can't believe the price.
Will the modification void the Boker warranty?? Either way I will buy several at the price I paid.

They will destroy your knife if you send it back. According to them they have nothing to do with the auto's. they are made into auto;s by a 3rd party. You can order parts for it, I had screwed up my blade and I got a new one from them. Their is a nice woman that you deal with by the name of Jan she is very forgetful and you will have to remind her about 5-10 times. Your best bet would be to send it back to the vendor.

I own a Boker Kalashnikov XL that I bought from a well known online dealer.

As I recall, there was some mention of the info provided in this thread on that website. Will have to look again to see if this recollection is correct or not.

Hi there,

Correct me if I am wrong, but the law only applies to using the usps. One can easily and legally use the Ups or Fed Ex to ship across state lines.

The whole situation confuses me so I looked it up, because I do know lots of auto knives are sold and shipped, such as benchmade, microtech etc.

I believe you’re correct. Thing is i ordered an Auto out of state (Boker K74) and it arrived Usps? Guess one slipped through the cracks.

I saw some You Tube videos showing how easy it is to convert the Boker Kalashnikov. Isn’t it illegal to import autos or easily convertible knives?

And some vendors, such as KnifeWorks have goofy, self imposed restrictions on auto knives. In Florida, most, if not all automatics are legal, yet that vendor restricts sales. If you get past that, they ship USPS. None of this makes any sense.
I just picked up a Kwaiken/ProTech from them.

Back