Boker autos

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Nowlin

Gold Member
I read the sticky on the illegality of shipping or transporting autos across state line yada yada yada. Sticky is 2009?? Has the law changed? I know someone who received one through the mail from another state? I know I couldn't purchase my Buck 112 Ranger Auto from the factory this year as Buck said it was illegal? So had to pay 3 times the price locally.
And does that mean my friend can't go to another state on vacation with his Boker Auto in his pocket? Inquiry minds want to know!

Sir we arent supposed to talk on what can be done as it technically isnt legal. that is not allowed on the forums.

the law says and I'm paraphrasing badly..........that receiving it isn't illegal...if it's legal to own in your state/county/city etc...... but whoever ships it to a non authorized folks across state lines is breaking the law. most online dealers make you acknowledge you are authorized to recieve it. some wont sell it to you until you send over proof first. authorized is typically military, police, first responders/firefighters types, one armed men......not kidding. may have missed a special group allowed. also illegal to send via usps.

https://www.akti.org/federal-switchblade-act/

you can read about it all here......^

carrying autos across state lines is dangerous and not worth the risks. same applies to any knife that may be illegal where you are going. I wouldnt suggest it. I'm no lawyer though so keep that in mind. that means what i said doesnt mean squat and to get proper answers you'll have to speak with a weapons lawyer. this may be a better post for the legal forum...rather than boker. maybe a mod can move it.

Thanks JB. Don't see why we cant in good faith talk about what may be illegal on here to keep any one of us from getting in trouble unintentionally. Funny i can carry a firearm legally to many states but certain knives are a no no? Lol.
You must excuse my ignorance in these maters. Reduction of my ignorance is what i seek.
Think my Buck 112fg will get my traveling duty to be on the safe side.

Thanks JB. Don't see why we cant in good faith talk about what may be illegal on here to keep any one of us from getting in trouble unintentionally. Funny i can carry a firearm legally to many states but certain knives are a no no? Lol.
You must excuse my ignorance in these maters. Reduction of my ignorance is what i seek.
Think my Buck 112fg will get my traveling duty to be on the safe side.
this really is more of a knife law forum thread....

we arent allowed to talk about how to get an auto knife shipped to us illegally. we can discuss the laws and such in the knife law forum.

many states but not all. firearms can be just as bad. dont carry through maryland. I have to drive around maryland with a firearm. they are a no no state to drive through even if in the trunk legal in about every other state and even though federally legal. if stopped for any reason they will cause you much trouble. they aren't the only state that is trouble. having said that here will come some out of touch marylander and say I'm nuts..and dont know what I'm talking about. I'm not gonna battle with them, I know better.:)

Yea I’m not on here to argue politics for sure. And thanks for clearing up some things for me. Its been very helpful. I sure i’ll see you in more threads so take care and have a MC & HNY !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back