Boker Beer Barrel Trapper

David Nowlin

Gold Member
upload_2019-12-27_0-13-25.jpeg
Look at that wood! I love it. Also has the acid wash blades. I have a nice picture of the complete knife and try as i may it says to larger to download?
Got this after watching the BHQ video of the Boker tour. :D
Anyone else get this knife. My 4th Boker but first to be made in Germany!

I have two Boker's in barrel wood but have never seen them with the stonewash blade. Very cool. The barrel wood has an interesting and unique feel for sure.

I have two Boker's in barrel wood but have never seen them with the stonewash blade. Very cool. The barrel wood has an interesting and unique feel for sure.

Yes the wood has a great feel. And i too called them stone washed blades but it’s actually acid washed. Whatever they do the results are awesome

Last edited:
upload_2020-1-10_12-59-54.jpeg
managed to get the whole knife in the picture.
Revolverguy that is a nice BBT you have there. I like the rounded brass bolsters. Mine are nickel and not as round as yours.

Revolverguy that is a nice BBT you have there. I like the rounded brass bolsters. Mine are nickel and not as round as yours.

I think it's just due to the pattern. Mine's a copperhead which tend to have more rounded bolsters. The trapper you have has the bolsters I've seen on that pattern. A stockman for example may have a slightly more oval shape.

jstrange jstrange took awhile to get you an answer.
Comparing the Boker to the Case trapper is similar yet really different at the same time.
It comes down to the scales. Beer barrel to the jibbed or jimped or whatever the term, is night and day. The blades also feel like acid washed is more outdoorsy while the mirror finished Case seems like a surgical instrument.
D4354746-A978-4644-9D01-C321EDEE7DE0.jpeg

IMG_1670.jpeg
Not for advertisement but this wood looks identical to the bear barrel wood on my trapper. Boker calls it Castle Wood and hence the price is triple that of my trapper? Comments?

View attachment 2143986
Not for advertisement but this wood looks identical to the bear barrel wood on my trapper. Boker calls it Castle Wood and hence the price is triple that of my trapper? Comments?

Boker got some really old wooden beams from a castle renovation and turned them into scales. I think they said the beams were around 6-800 years old (Don't quote me on that)

Yes i know that seems to be the story. But the castle wood scales look identical to the beer barrel scales. Did the company just use the same photos? But seriously why buy a knife that looks the same a but for the old old wood?

Back