Boker Celebrates 150 Years

a>

My new old boker. A 1992 mallard. Un used, un carried, not a scratch. I found it at an antique store last weekend. Couldn't pass it up. Now if I can only keep from putting it in my pocket.
a>

3HBBYvJ.jpg

xniNEbi.jpg

Last edited:
Nice old Stockman, kai76, it looks like a 1950s era model.

Beautiful knives, tongueriver!!! And thanks for the additional and interesting information on the trench knife.
I find it quite an odd circumstance that the German Boker company was producing edged weapons for the German military during WWII, while the American Boker company was doing the same for the U.S. military.

Nice mallard model, W.M.B. I would carry it on special occasions, just leave the coins and keys in another pocket. :)

View attachment 1064653
here is the 150th anniversary series from Boker. The camp knife and stockman looks nice, wish they would have offered a barlow.
Not particularly cheap! I did have a peak at them but I got scared by the prices in comparison to regular versions of the same models. :) I should have bought one of the Bog Oak models in 440C when they were still available. Still musing over missing those. They were very good value at the time.

Beautiful Boker; what's the cover material?

Thanks, Phil.

Here's the description for the knife (I highlighted the answer to your question):

The January Edition of Boker's 140-year Anniversary features our legendary Camp Knife. This classical multi-blade pocket knife was initially manufactured in 1869, the year Boker Treebrand was established in Solingen. To honor this event and Boker's longevity, we gave this piece authentic flamed chestnut scales, for we owe to this tree, the origin of Boker's Treebrand logo. Limited to 1,869 pieces (to honor the year of Boker's company founding). Delivered with a chain,
high quality leather pouch and special anniversary packaging. Blade steel is 4034 stainless. Closed length 3 5/8". Blade length 2 1/2" and 1 3/4". Weight 3.5 oz. Made in Germany.

Brian

Nice stockman, Bloefield. I especially like the slant bolsters and match striker pull.

Pomsbz, some things seem like a good deal only in hindsight, maybe the 150th anniversary knives will appreciate over time.

That's one of my favorite humpback camper models, BrianB43. The Chestnut handles and black shield really dress up that knife.

Beautiful fixed blade knife, Jack, elegant and useful. I don't think you needed much of a push from r8shell on that one. :)

Nice examples, r. redden, and neat to see one still in a package.

Very nice Jack! Beautiful Rams Horn! I’ve been thinking about picking up a fixed blade but there are so many to choose from. I’m not fixed blade savvy as much as I am with folders. I don’t blame you for taking advice from r8shell r8shell on this one. It appears to be a great choice! :thumbsup:

That one reinforces why rams is my handle material of choice.
Beautiful!
What's the model #?
Thanks in advance.

Beautiful fixed blade knife, Jack, elegant and useful. I don't think you needed much of a push from r8shell on that one. :)

Nice examples, r. redden, and neat to see one still in a package.

Thanks a lot guys, I can't blame it ALL on r8shell r8shell ! ;) The ram's horn was the primary reason why I chose this particular Boker, the Savannah. It's very nicely finished, the sheath is OK, but might have been a little better at the price point :thumbsup:

Back