Boker Celebrates 150 Years

Nice gaucho herder.

This is a casa boker México 150 years

20171112.jpg

Nice gaucho herder.

This is a casa boker México 150 years

20171112.jpg

Thanks rarreola, and thanks for showing that nice camper model. I have a genuine soft spot for those Boker humpback camper models.
That is the first one I have seen with the 150th Anniversary marking for Casa Boker.
Boker may be one year early in celebrating that event as my research shows that Robert "Roberto" Boker officially renamed the company "Casa Boker" in 1870.
But, he may have started the process in 1869, so I think it's close enough to celebrate!!! :)

Thank you all for your kind words. We really appreciate the enthusiasm of all you collector´s and fans all over the world, and in the US.

As you already noticed there will be quite a few anniversary models, and we brought up some very interesting new damascus steel for those.
All in all, we are looking forward to a very interesting year.

And though I already gave that recommendation in another thread. the Boker book is highly recommendable. The authors put a lot of effort and work in it, to bring all the pics and infos together and make it such an amazing source of knowledge for everybody.

And just to answer to open questions from this thread:

H. Boker & Co. 1943 U.S. M3 WWII trench knife commemorative. With M8A1 Boker metal scabbard and leg lanyard. Serial #5352. Stacked leather handles. High carbon SK-5 steel blade. Circa early 2000s. Originally designed and issued in 1943, the M3 trench knife was intended to be used by any U.S. soldier during WWII who was not equipped with a bayonet- soldiers with pistols, submachine guns, light and heavy machine guns, etc. The first troops to receive the M3s were the Airborne, Mountain Ranger and Glider infantry units. Among the nine manufacturers who produced the M3 during wartime was H. Boker & Co., with a total of 31,300 pieces, which was the smallest quantity. This reproduction was made by Boker Plus and was released for the 65th anniversary. The black coated blade is made of high carbon SK-5 steel and features the original H. Boker & Co. blade tang stamp, including the year 1943 designation stamp. The handle is made of stacked leather pieces. Each knife features a laser engraved serial number, which is #5352 on this knife. Blade length 6 3/4 inches, Overall length 11 1/2 inches. Weight 8.4 ounces.View attachment 1066146 View attachment 1066147 View attachment 1066148

This model has the model code 02BO1943 and was released in 2007.

That one reinforces why rams is my handle material of choice.
Beautiful!
What's the model #?
Thanks in advance.

The model code of the Savannah with ram handle scales is 120720.

Thanks, r8shell and Jack.
Yes r8shell, that model was made in the Valley Forge factory which Boker took over in 1899.
The American made Boker knives were produced there along side the Valley Forge models.
There were probably a lot of Valley Forge knives made, but I sure don't run across many.

Thank you all for your kind words. We really appreciate the enthusiasm of all you collector´s and fans all over the world, and in the US.

As you already noticed there will be quite a few anniversary models, and we brought up some very interesting new damascus steel for those.
All in all, we are looking forward to a very interesting year.

And though I already gave that recommendation in another thread. the Boker book is highly recommendable. The authors put a lot of effort and work in it, to bring all the pics and infos together and make it such an amazing source of knowledge for everybody.

And just to answer to open questions from this thread:

This model has the model code 02BO1943 and was released in 2007.

The model code of the Savannah with ram handle scales is 120720.

Thanks for joining in beagleboy. It's great to have a representative here from the Boker company!!!

H herder let me echo Rachel's sentiment. I have thoroughly enjoyed your book. And will continue to do so. BTW Neal, I have a question for you if I may ask without derailing the thread. Are you familiar with the tang stamp "Lamplough" made in Solingen?

H herder , my friend. Thank you so much for the Boker Book! It's very informative and fantastically written. The photos are too good. ;)
eTjcXIy.jpg

If only I could find an example of every knife in the book. :D I did manage to pick up a Boker Corn Knife.
KUC09M8.jpg
emtTfyG.jpg

Thanks for the kind book comments and what a nice example you have found with the lettering still present on the handle. I can't imagine cutting or scrapping corns off my foot, ouch.
Shoes must have really been bad in the good old days. :)

H herder let me echo Rachel's sentiment. I have thoroughly enjoyed your book. And will continue to do so. BTW Neal, I have a question for you if I may ask without derailing the thread. Are you familiar with the tang stamp "Lamplough" made in Solingen?

Thanks also for your warm comments towards the book, I really appreciate it!!!
I'm not sure about "Lamplough", Solingen right off the top of my head. By chance did you mean "Lamp-Post" which was both a Richartz of Solingen, and Richards of Sheffield trademark?
Do you have a picture or model type for that knife or name?

Back