Boker Celebrates 150 Years

I am pretty sure of the spelling but no, I don't have the knife in my possession yet. When it arrives I will take some photos and see what you think about it. Thanks my friend.

I just bought this for a buddy. I finally got him into carrying knives a few months ago when he bought a Leek but I forgot he works in an office where people fear for their lives any time he uses it (and was already told about it). I'm hoping maybe this won't raise as many eyebrows and maybe even get him into traditionals too.

Dkvnn3w.jpg

Thanks for the kind book comments and what a nice example you have found with the lettering still present on the handle. I can't imagine cutting or scrapping corns off my foot, ouch.
Shoes must have really been bad in the good old days. :)
I can't imagine doing that kind of home-surgery, either. :eek: Especially without antibiotics!

Here is a pretty old red head in stockman form with a punch blade that dates prior to WWII.

View attachment 1092403
Nice! :):thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack and r8shell. And yes, I'll also pass on home surgery. The amount of alcohol (the drinking kind) needed to perform such a task would lead to a much bigger problem. :)

sailfish, that's a very nice gift for your friend which shouldn't ruffle any feathers, even among the faint of heart types.

I hope no one minds if I bump this thread to post pictures of an interesting Boker I just got.
3 3/8" Stockman with a punch. The pins are rather large and raised, and there's an extra cover pin on the pile side. :confused: Could it have been re-covered? It's in overall nice shape, at any rate.
jUDBDli.jpg
MNrCLVj.jpg

I've never seen an extra pin like on yours, r8shell. I hope someone knows why . . . very interesting!

The German cutlery industry has a long and rich history with Damascus steel.
Here is a more recent Boker with a 200 layer stainless Damascus blade which was hand forged by Chad Nichols from the USA.

View attachment 1072720
This one was on my list a while ago. Very nice :thumbsup:
What's the model ?

The retailer I had bookmarked no longer carries it. Thanks...

I hope no one minds if I bump this thread to post pictures of an interesting Boker I just got.
3 3/8" Stockman with a punch. The pins are rather large and raised, and there's an extra cover pin on the pile side. :confused: Could it have been re-covered? It's in overall nice shape, at any rate.
jUDBDli.jpg
MNrCLVj.jpg

Nice. Is the shield pinned? That extra cover pin on the pile side looks to be just about even to where the shield's center is, and maybe all the scales were pre-drilled alike originally. Dunno. Balances it out, though. :D

I've never seen an extra pin like on yours, r8shell. I hope someone knows why . . . very interesting!

Nice. Is the shield pinned? That extra cover pin on the pile side looks to be just about even to where the shield's center is, and maybe all the scales were pre-drilled alike originally. Dunno. Balances it out, though. :D
I don't think the shield is pinned, but looking in the well I see a hole in the brass scale under the shield that lines right up to the extra pin hole on the other side.

"Oh no! Hey, Boss, I just drilled through the wrong stack of liners."
"Well, just put an extra pin in there. No one will notice."
:D :thumbsup:

I have several Boker knives, they make some good ones! Here is my oldest:

This is the one I think is the most unique, a North Carolina collector club Congress:

Also... I don’t have pictures right now, but I picked up an 150th anniversary stockman when I was in Germany to add to my collection!

jUDBDli.jpg
MNrCLVj.jpg

Nice old Boker Premium stock knife, r8shell. While you do find a fair number of Boker stock knives out there, premium stock knives with a punch blade are not very common.
I believe this model dates to around 1980. Enclosed is s catalog illustration from 1981 which shows a similar stock knife, but also gives the description of your model # 7388.
Not sure what to make of the extra back handle pin??? Free pin Friday maybe? :)

BF Boker Premium Stock 1981 sml.jpg

Ripcord 82, Good looking Copperhead model.
Fodderwing, Nice commemorative camper, I need to get one!!!
black mamba, Great old cattle knife with uncommon cell handles for a Boker.
Ernie1980, A couple of nice Boker's, but my eyes jump to that fine old bone model on top.

Back