Boker Celebrates 150 Years

Nice old Boker Premium stock knife, r8shell. While you do find a fair number of Boker stock knives out there, premium stock knives with a punch blade are not very common.
I believe this model dates to around 1980. Enclosed is s catalog illustration from 1981 which shows a similar stock knife, but also gives the description of your model # 7388.
Not sure what to make of the extra back handle pin??? Free pin Friday maybe? :)

View attachment 1167978
That's it! Thank you. :):thumbsup:

I guess the extra pin will remain a mystery. :cool:

I hope no one minds if I bump this thread to post pictures of an interesting Boker I just got.
3 3/8" Stockman with a punch. The pins are rather large and raised, and there's an extra cover pin on the pile side. :confused: Could it have been re-covered? It's in overall nice shape, at any rate.
jUDBDli.jpg
MNrCLVj.jpg

The Boker 712 lever lock has a fourth pin as well. It's an old pattern. Maybe it's an older German thing.

The Boker 712 lever lock has a fourth pin as well. It's an old pattern. Maybe it's an older German thing.
I guess it could just be there for style, but I've seen lots of Boker Stockmans both old and new, and haven't ever seen a fourth pin like that.

Peregrin, Glad to hear that you carry it once in awhile. Victorinox certainly makes some good camping knives, but I prefer a Boker camper model.
Fodderwing, another older classic, very nice.
brownshoe, Yes, there are four pins on the back of the 712R, but also four pins on the front. A little different configuration as a spring fired knife than a standard folder.
r8shell, I've never seen that fourth pin before either on all the models I have handled.
cjtamu, Good looking Congress model with neat fancy bolsters. It was one of Boker's special "Double Tree" premium grade knives.

For those who are fluent in German, there is a new German language edition of the recent Boker Book. A slightly smaller but thicker format with a hard cover, very nicely done.

BF Boker Book Pair .jpg

I don't think the shield is pinned, but looking in the well I see a hole in the brass scale under the shield that lines right up to the extra pin hole on the other side.

"Oh no! Hey, Boss, I just drilled through the wrong stack of liners."
"Well, just put an extra pin in there. No one will notice."
:D :thumbsup:
Reminds me of the time I went to the doctor and showed him where I was hurting on my backside. He leaves the room, comes back with a syringe, and injects me on the wrong side. I asked: "Will that take care of the pain on the other side?" Dr.: "Oh, did I get the wrong side?" So I got two injections. :mad:

Last edited:
Thought I'd bump this thread with a fine old pair of American made Boker jacks from the 1920s / 1930s era.
These were made in the Valley Forge facility that Boker acquired in 1899.

View attachment 1215547
Nice pair!
For comparison's sake, here's a picture of a single blade jack that's marked Valley Forge:
wyMih3m.jpg

Thought I'd bump this thread with a fine old pair of American made Boker jacks from the 1920s / 1930s era.
These were made in the Valley Forge facility that Boker acquired in 1899.

View attachment 1215547

Nice pair!
For comparison's sake, here's a picture of a single blade jack that's marked Valley Forge:
wyMih3m.jpg

Wow!!! All three of those knives are fantastic! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks r8shell and JohnDF. r8shell, that's a lovely old Valley Forge model.
You just don't see many Valley Forge stamped knives and it's always a treat to see one.

Here is a Sailor's model from the 1960s with jigged bone handles. A real workhorse of a knife for any kind of rope work in mind.

BF Boker Sailor's Knife .jpg

Whew! Great Knives, Herder you can bump this Thread anytime with fine old Knives like that!!!! Wow!

A big old Boker ( not that old - as that Great Boker Book tells me its in the pre WW2 era - the Bone is nice The blades are pretty Rugged!

9zaaEin.jpg

vPdHI7C.jpg

Fdfh06c.jpg

This one here again has very nicely jigged Bone, and is the Block lettering Stamp - so again the book tells me pre WW2, possibly a bit later than the Knife above? Im not too sure on that.

rDdZzy4.jpg

y1bRSDy.jpg

u5LSl2X.jpg

41ZD2fN.jpg

eUJjapD.jpg

Another Boker - Block Letter stamped E/O Knife- I really like this one..
MBomZK4.jpg

GsHegBa.jpg

eaZjam1.jpg

Campbellclanman, Great group of Bokers!!!
I always enjoy seeing multiples of knives. One detail leads to looking at the details of other knives close by.
Long pulls, short pulls, plain bolsters, threaded bolsters, easy open cutouts, various bone jigging, blade stamps.........

Campbellclanman, Great group of Bokers!!!
I always enjoy seeing multiples of knives. One detail leads to looking at the details of other knives close by.
Long pulls, short pulls, plain bolsters, threaded bolsters, easy open cutouts, various bone jigging, blade stamps.........

Thank you Herder Sir, You would never think there was so much to a knife!

i really like the Bone and Jig work on the E/O of mine! :thumbsup:

Must say R8shell- that's a cool old Valley forge!

Nice pair!
wyMih3m.jpg

There's a lot there :cool: Elegant Spear, remarkable bone and admirable proportions :thumbsup: Impossible to say if it's been a re-fit but if so, whoever did it had the requisite skill.

Thanks, Will

Whew! Great Knives, Herder you can bump this Thread anytime with fine old Knives like that!!!! Wow!

A big old Boker ( not that old - as that Great Boker Book tells me its in the pre WW2 era - the Bone is nice The blades are pretty Rugged!

9zaaEin.jpg

vPdHI7C.jpg

Fdfh06c.jpg

This one here again has very nicely jigged Bone, and is the Block lettering Stamp - so again the book tells me pre WW2, possibly a bit later than the Knife above? Im not too sure on that.

rDdZzy4.jpg

y1bRSDy.jpg

u5LSl2X.jpg

41ZD2fN.jpg

eUJjapD.jpg

Another Boker - Block Letter stamped E/O Knife- I really like this one..
MBomZK4.jpg

GsHegBa.jpg

eaZjam1.jpg
Wow! Love the covers on these,really fine knives all together. Is there a name for the jigging on the second one? I really love the completely random look to it,looks so natural. The EO is very nice in that regard to, plus the color is amazing. Great stuff :cool::thumbsup:

Back